Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Internet/E-Commerce, Legal, Manufacturing and Production, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development, Web Technology
Senior Product Manager - Global Trade & Receivables Finance|
HSBC is the largest trade and receivable finance organisation in the world, offering a comprehensive range of forward-thinking open account supply chain and traditional trade solutions. The bank has been recognised by the industry’s most prominent publications and associations for its strength in combining innovation and service excellence with end-to-end customer solutions. HSBC GTRF serves as a core service provider for Commercial (CMB) and Global Banking (GBM) customers.
The role is responsible for structuring complex deals across the whole range of Global Trade & Receivables Finance's (GTRF) solutions. Key responsibilities include providing technical expertise to Front-Line Business Development Managers, assisting in the structuring of bespoke open account solutions, and ensuring a high quality customer experience. The role holder will build out a team of structuring specialists in the different regions, to ensure a consistent operating model in support of our front-line BDMs.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Lead and deliver strategic Product plans to grow the GTRF Business
- Ensure adherence to governance and compliance requirements
- Drive and deliver customer base growth, achieve growth targets, maximise the financial contribution and instil the discipline to deploy capital effectively
- Develop and execute on key strategic initiatives and programmes that will influence delivery of solutions to our customers across GBM and CMB
- Drive a customer focussed environment built on globally consistent and market leading propositions
- Ensure alignment across all regions and provide support to other teams as required
- Champion the new customer segment driven approach and drive it through the team
- Develop and deliver the product development strategy for GTRF and work in partnership with technology and e-commerce to implement any strategic initiatives that may improve access to the market and maximise underlying revenue by meeting customer needs
Customers / Stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Business Development, HOST, Business Portfolio Risk Management, Risk and Compliance, GTRF Services and Transaction Risk Management
- Act as a GTRF champion to ensure that key objectives are prioritised appropriately within CMB & GBM
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with external stakeholders such as Industry Bodies, Regulators and Consultants
- Understand current economic trends and its impact on HSBC and GTRF and identify key levers to capitalise on opportunities or minimise downside exposure
- Establish metrics and ensure effective tracking of HSBC’s competitor offerings and performance in comparison to HSBC
- Maintain and enhance HSBC's positioning through the planning and execution of conferences, active participation in industry associations, interaction with regulatory bodies and issue market leading publications
- Ensure that the Product team is responsive to the requirements and expectations of the Global Businesses. Promote awareness of GTRF products, propositions, strategies and initiatives
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Communicate a clear vision for the GTRF Business that is aligned to the overall HSBC vision, Values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer-centred culture
- Lead, develop and motivate the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives
- Set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop team leaders and others to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience
- Lead and encourage constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Manage the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximise end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency
- Maintain a robust and efficient control environment across GTRF to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of a Global / Region management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Lead the implementation and oversight of GTRF policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of five years proven and progressive financial services product management, sales or marketing experience or equivalent
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in business, marketing, related field or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, project management, planning, statistical, analytical, communications, presentation and lateral thinking skills
- Demonstrable Knowledge of the Global Trade industry, products offered, market trends, competitive landscape and pertinent regulations affecting their delivery
- Education to degree-level, and proven and minimum of 12 years of progressive experience in product management, operations or technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Strong experience managing cross-functional or design teams.
- Proven leadership skills in complex, matrixes organizations - leading through influence and direct authority across teams and in a global organization.
- Experience leading change and inspiring teams.
- Experience in Information Technology (IT) background.
- Extensive experience in commercial and business management either in product management, operations or IT with marketing a plus.
- Preferably experienced in one or more Payments and Cash Management core business lines.
- Demonstrably successful project manager in the Transaction Banking industry. Strong process reengineering/business transformation experience.
- Proven ability to create an environment that fosters learning, teaching, growth, risk-taking, and innovation.
- Solid understanding of digital and/or self-service platforms.
- Strong background in product development, or operations with hands-on technology or business transformation experience.
- Familiar with current and future industry trends relating to product development.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to effectively work with multiple business partners to develop and commercialize product propositions.
- Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail.