Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Legal, Real Estate, Sales, Counseling, Executive Management, Research & Development, Environmental
VP, Loan Management Unit Relationship Manager|
This position manages an integrated and highly complex portfolio of Global Banking & Markets Corporate Finance, Structured Credit, Highly Leveraged Transactions, Commercial Real Estate, upper Middle Market, Private Banking and Syndicated problem assets across North and South America to reduce criticized assets through restructure, litigation and bankruptcy
Impact on the Business
- Co-lead, in concert with line and Credit Approval colleagues, highly visible HBUS and Global Banking & Markets large dollar exposures.
- Work on special projects to develop departmental and Group knowledge of particular aspects of certain exposures.
- Prepare updates for executive management with internal and outside counsel and workout professionals to affect the resolution of problem assets.
- Serve as Global Relationship Manager for large international or North American corporate workout deals. Work with HSBC line officers on pass or watch list credits in a senior advisory role, to restructure deteriorating relationships
- Influence other institutions with a bank or counterparty group to promote HSBC's strategy, working through either a group setting or a one-on-one basis (deals under management may affect reputational and potential business unit losses).
Customers / Stackholders Develop
- Recommend and implement cost-effective strategies to collect the Company's claim in a workout or liquidation, including re-negotiation, lawsuit and/or bankruptcy/reorganization, debt/equity swaps, equity/capital restructures, third party acquisitions and sale in secondary market.
- Negotiate with debtors, guarantors and third parties to implement on a documented basis, the Company's maximum recovery of claims.
- Establish relationships with workout professionals to have multiple sources of workout assistance, all to benefit business profitability.
- Manage owned assets through securing, maintaining and enhancing their value through strong administrative and management control and knowledge of them, managing asset operations efficiently during holding period to maximize revenues and minimize risks and expenses, positioning assets for sale and aggressively marketing the properties for disposition and fulfilling of all regulatory reporting requirements accurately and in adherence with prescribed deadlines to benefit business unit cost centers.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Mentor less experienced personnel into deal structure and product expertise.
- Support the Group's development and implementation of the Credit Approval and Relationship Management (CARM) system. Understand and comply with Basel, OCC and other regulatory requirements affecting customer grade, loss given default, facility grade and impairment reserve decisions.
- Operational Effectiveness & Control Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure compliance with proper booking, accounting, operational control, risk analysis, environmental policy, SEC requirements of customer, recognizing hedge fund positions and strategies in credits, documentation, credit administration and regulatory requirements of each asset managed.
- Major Challenges Handling extraordinary flow of highly complex problem corporate situations that are highly structured with multiple counterparties and debt levels with exposures starting at US$50 m or more.
- The position handles the most complex and large dollar Category A and B exposures assigned to the Special Credits Unit for direct or co-management; there is limited workout expertise in the marketplace as a result of very few corporate failures over the last ten years.
- The position handles a wide range of deals and products and the activities are highly scrutinized by regulators, attorneys and accountants.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of seven years proven and progressive experience handling complex commercial credits and dealing with customers, government agencies or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, business, finance, economics, related field or equivalent experience. Credit training or equivalent experience.
- Strong negotiations, problem-solving, communications, decision-making and persuasion skills.
- Thorough knowledge of application of law as it applies to banking, business loans, bankruptcy, contracts, securities law, Uniform Commercial Code and real estate as well as Company products, credit policy, lending officer procedures and underwriting guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge of currency and foreign exchange products and markets as well as credit derivative products and other Global Banking & Markets product sets. Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Knowledge of a foreign language helpful for cross-border situations.