Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Retail/Wholesale, Sales
Retail Banking and Wealth Management Solutions Specialist|
Direct accountability for supporting front line customer facing staff who have immediate information/servicing needs related to bank procedures, products, propositions, general inquiries; Key bank support for all customer facing staff with Top Tier, Premier and Advance priority
Responsible for owning the resolution of complex customer service issues to provide seamless support for front line customer facing staff members. Accountable for adhering to set SLAs to keep focus on providing exceptional and prioritized Top Tier, Premier and Advance issue resolution and support.
Accountable for providing outstanding service to internal customers; HSBC customer facing staff in support of the overall achievement of their KPIs and delivery of HSBC’s propositional objectives to external customers
Provides high quality operational, technical, procedural and compliance support across all propositions
Impact on the Business
- Provide high quality support to all customer-facing staff by keeping up to date on bank training, policies and procedures, campaigns, offers, system enhancements, internal communications, etc.
- Provide value added bank product and service information and issue resolution to internal customers, based on external customer needs analysis.
- Support front line sales force through complex customer service issue resolution keeping focus on the external customer experience and journey
- Focus on educating front line employees on processes and procedures and where to locate resources, so as to ensure a wider understanding of how to solve simple service issues
- Identify process improvements and ways to streamline the business to benefit both external and internal customers.
- Adhere to all departmental service levels and customer service standards.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Handle internal customer inquiries in a positive, timely, and appropriate manner. Aim to resolve inquiries at the first point of contact (i.e. e-mail, phone, Sametime).
- Help internal customers with the resolution of complaints or inquiries to meet and exceed external customers’ expectations
- Meet internal customer expectations in terms of efficiency, accuracy, timeliness, professionalism, and warmth.
- Maintain heightened understanding and technical knowledge of relevant products and services.
- Own and resolve complex external customer issues in support of our internal customers; adhere to prioritized SLA based on Top Tier, Premier, and Advance customer proposition
Leadership & Teamwork
- Communicates effectively and works well with other teams across the Network, Contact Center, and RBWM in support of providing exceptional service
- Key liaison between customer facing staff and Fraud, Customer Investigations, and other relevant departments
- Efficiently manages workload to ensure timely follow up and resolution for Top Tier, Premier, and Advance inquiries
- Proactively identifies opportunities/issues and provides feedback to management focused on driving process improvements with focus on the external customer journey.
- Achieve the operational standards for the business and work within agreed procedures and guidelines - displaying high levels of integrity at all times.
- Delivering the firm - Put the customer at the heart of our business and deliver joined up services and solutions aligned to customer needs.
- Acts as a mentor and leader supporting collaboration and learning when new team members are on boarded.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure all processes and procedures are accurate and in accordance with HSBC Bank policy standards and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with local regulations in all aspects of strategy, processes, customer correspondence, administration, and complaint handling.
- Adhere to global service standards in all activities related to supporting internal customers
- Adhere to all relevant processes and procedures of the Group Compliance Policy and internal controls.
- Contribute to HSBC by creating and retaining market leading standards
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Build extensive knowledge of HSBC bank systems, products and procedures in order to handle internal customer needs
- Proactively help HSBC identify opportunities to improve process efficiencies.
- Sensitively redirect internal customer inquiries to the most efficient channel as applicable.
- Support our internal customer in navigating the channel of their choice (to interact with HSBC) effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure our internal customers consistently receive a professional Premium service which exceeds their expectations at all times.
- Maintain high standards of control and operational practices in line with HSBC’s expectations
- The role operates within the RBWM Contact Centre and interacts with HSBC USA N.A. internal customers. The post holder must have the ability to deal with different processes, where applicable, and different internal customer personalities/demands and requests on a daily basis.
- There are four overriding principles that must be applied to the delivery of all propositions, products and services through all channels to all internal customers at all times:
- We will treat all internal customers fairly.
- We will apply the HSBC Group values and business principles in all of our dealings.
- We will meet, or exceed, all local and international laws, regulations, and codes of practice.
- We will deliver services to internal customers in a manner that provides speed, ease, certainty and empathy.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues., The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section 4 of the Group Operations FIM.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators (see HR FIM section 3.7 and GCL 050044 on Sarbanes Oxley and Internal Controls. Implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external regulators. To implement the Group Compliance Policy as applicable to your role in conjunction with the relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply within the country you reside and in relation to the countries migrating work to assigned GSC.
- To continually re-access the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills with strong decision making and ability to deliver on set objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of three years of working in financial services industry
- Previous experience in Personal/Premier Banking preferred
- Understanding of core products, Premier and Advance propositions and systems
- Solid knowledge of appropriate Branch and Contact Center operational procedures
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory governance in market
- Strong knowledge of HSBC and Premier, Advance and Personal Banking solutions
- Team played with collaborative skills
- Knowledge of local and Group compliance regulations
- Able to deliver on the internal customer experience effective communication, influencing, and customer service skills
- Must be proficient in language(s) required by the process
- Open to working flexible shifting schedules
- Must be flexible, patient, customer centric and have the ability to thrive in a team environment seeking feedback and open to development
- Takes pride in delivering what is promised in line with the customer and service expectations
- Wants to do a good job, is concerned about getting it right for the customer and checks everything is in order
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment is required
- Proficiency with personal computers and basic software packages
- Excellent communication skills and is polite and friendly at all times
- A knowledge expert who has the ability to teach/mentor others
- Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market
- Attain any internal standards as required by country
- Have an understanding of the immediate regional RBWM Strategy and the ability to plan/prioritize own activities accordingly
- Ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to internal and external customers
- Demonstrates ability to set stretch goals for self and the ability to deliver these with courage, tenacity, and integrity
- Authentic and shows ability to engage with internal and external customers to deliver at pace
- Makes considered decisions that protect HSBC and our customers