Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||San Francisco, CA
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Legal, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Global Liquidity and Cash Management Sales Senior Manager|
Global Liquidity and Cash Management (GLCM) is one of HSBC's global product lines generating over 10% of Group revenues. Supporting Commercial Banking (CMB) and Global Banking and Markets (GBM), our business is made up of almost 10,000 people in more than 55 countries, and is uniquely positioned to help clients make and receive payments, across borders and regulations, in multiple currencies. Our expertise in this area has been recognised by the industry’s most prominent publications as the best global cash manager for corporate and financial institutions in consecutive years.
To maintain and enhance existing revenue streams and develop new revenue streams by identifying and selling innovative Payments and Cash Management (GLCM) solutions to a defined portfolio of clients thus maximizing commercial profitability and relationship depth. This will include contributing to the pricing, reviewing and negotiating the full range of cash management services together with effecting any cost reduction initiatives required by the Group:
- To be recognized as a GLCM specialist with an ability to display competent knowledge of relevant products and services with the jobholders area of responsibility
- To act as a lead sales representative on opportunities with key clients and/or deals
- Consistently role model the Sales Manager competencies; providing guidance and coaching to other sales managers and team members where necessary
- To achieve income for the Group by originating leads, building and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients in order to identify and sell innovative cash and clearing management solutions to the target sector
Impact on the Business
- Manage a client portfolio in order to maintain existing and generate new relationships for the business
- Contribute to continued servicing of customer needs and deepen the existing relationship
- Actively contribute to the GLCM pipeline ensuring it is accurate and current
- Maintain close liaison with key stakeholders so as to provide input into the strategic direction of the business and the functionality and launch of new products and services
- Generate referrals for other HSBC Global Businesses e.g. Private Banking (PB), Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) as appropriate
- Keep abreast of external factors influencing international business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements
- Build and maintain close relationships with clients proactively acting on direct customer feedback, market surveys and client engagement programmes
- Support development, direction and delivery of strategic initiatives
Customers / Stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients including a robust coverage programme
- Work with relevant key stakeholders to ensure a positive client experience including excellent service and implementation
- Develop an appropriate calling plan to efficiently and effectively meet the clients' needs
- Where appropriate put together high quality customer presentations to best showcase HSBC's offering to potential new clients
- Maintain and enhance the image of HSBC through the planning and execution of conferences, industry sector days, internal and external client road shows and active participation in industry associations
- Maintain close liaison with intra country, intra region and cross regional colleagues/stakeholders so as to provide input into the strategic direction of Sales, Product and Client Management functions
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC network to deliver exceptional standards and quality of service
- Be an ambassador for HSBC and develop the bank’s profile in the local ‘International Business’ community
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Communicate a clear vision for the GLCM business that is aligned to the overall HSBC vision, Values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer-centred culture
- Lead, develop and motivate the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives
- Set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop team leaders and others to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience
- Lead and encourage constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Manage the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximise end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency
- Maintain a robust and efficient control environment across GLCM to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of GLCM management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Lead the implementation and oversight of GLCM policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
Qualifications & Requirements
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Strong knowledge of local and regional cash management and clearing services, products and techniques.
- Proven Sales Record
- Relationship Management experience at multiple levels plus a proven sales record
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Ability to understand a customers business and the fundamentals of running a business
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical and selling skills
- A good understanding of the market & market trends, competitive environment and regulatory environment
- Minimun 10 years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Knowledge of global cash management
- Experience of working in an International Global Banking environment
- Knowledge of Treasury Foreign Exchange
- Broad based knowledge of HSBC Group companies and product ranges
- Knowledge of day to day workings of a Corporate Treasury environment, foreign exchange and payments.
- Broad knowledge of HSBC Group companies and product ranges
- Association of Corporate Treasurers International Certificate in Cash Management
- Association of the Chartered Institute of Bankers, Certified Treasury Professional or other recognised professional qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge of the HSBC Group's inter/intra clearing systems