Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Legal
Mortgage Disclosure Desk Specialist|
- Deliver excellent customer service to a wide range of HSBC RBWM local and international customers (whille ensuring the cost effectiveness of the operation).
- Handle all functions and regulations related to the loan closing.
- Deliver upon quantitative and qualitative key performance indicators, in line with our business strategies and regulatory requirements (scorecard).
- Continually review and understand work practices and policies to ensure ongoing audit and risk standards are met.
- Ensure fair outcomes for customers are delivered in all situations.
Impact on the Business
- Achieve published standards and other key performance indicators (attendance, revenue, retention, service levels, operational risk, etc).
- Meet all performance targets including standards in quality and productivity.
- Abide by first call resolution in alignment with global standards to promote customer satisfaction.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Provide excellent level of service provided to our customers through the team.
- Apply business thinking to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to all regulatory requirements.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Prepare and provide required initial disclosures to the consumer. Demonstrate total understanding of the Loan Estimate.
- Support Change Circumstance, review disclosures, ensure timely and accurate initial disclosures are provided
- Complete fee analysis and demonstrate total understanding of estimated fees and fee tolerances.
- Generate all initial Disclosures accurately to support TRID regulations.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Plan and prioritize work appropriately considering importance, urgency, customer and business impact.
- Deliver excellent customer service .
- Champion and embrace change and innovation
- Demonstrate ownership and common sense with all that you do, sharing best practice.)
- Communicate the HSBC vision, values and goals to others clearly and
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Mainten highest standards of risk management, control and compliance.
- Reduce overall operating losses and credit risk within management control.
- Maintain KYC standards.
- Implement and apply the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximize integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate and embed HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Provide timely, accurate, quality information to stakeholders to meet business and regulatory requirements.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
This position requires an individual with:
- Funding experience as well as knowledge of Mortgage systems (both LOS and Image)
- Minimum of 2 years proven bank, mortgage business, mortgage systems related experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven communications, organizational, analytical, administrative, problem-solving, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent HSBC systems and software.
- Ability to meet deadlines and objectives independently and within the team.