Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Administrative and Support Services, Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Computers, Software, Information Technology, Executive Management, Research & Development
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing overall administrative support for assigned senior executive (s) and or their team. Performs a full range of administrative duties and provides accurate, timely and efficient administrative support. Handles project-oriented duties including accountability for the timely completion of these tasks. Ensures smooth and efficient operation of office, which may include records, attendance, ordering of supplies, on-boarding and departures of employees and monitoring system (s).
This is a multi-incumbent role.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Provide overall administrative support for the team and senior executive (s) assigned.
- Supply adequate coverage for peers during time off.
- Join in to help team, including outside assigned area, to complete special projects when necessary.
- Responsible for travel arrangements required by team including expense reimbursement, track the T&E expenditures and other budget information for the unit assigned.
- Assist in arranging for client entertainment and other client-related events.
- Complete a variety of administrative and support duties, often of a confidential nature and unique to assigned area, including researching information and data, maintaining department records and filing system and developing and producing reports and presentations.
- Produce letters, reports, schedules, etc., utilizing various PC-based software packages, composing items from general outlines or own initiative.
- Route and or answers routine correspondence or questions that do not require supervisor attention.
- Receive visitors, taking appropriate action using initiative and good judgment.
- Familiar with a highly visible and confidential role, dependable, reliable and accustomed to interaction with senior level management.
- Schedule appointments and meetings including travel accommodations which may include heavy domestic and international travel.
- Prepare presentations for senior executive (s) and team; putting together content provided by executives and or team.
- Research and navigate through a complex global organization to gather information as needed; become acclimated rapidly with strong experience in understanding levels of management and 'who is who'.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and excel spreadsheets on behalf of executive (s) and team.
- Refer all incoming calls to the appropriate manager and return calls as directed. Support and coordinate the needs of the executive (s) and team coordinating schedule, managing itineraries, booking travel, composing routine letters and memoranda, and replying to internal requests as directed.
- Perform general administrative duties including; filing, photocopying, organizing the work areas, ensuring the work areas are fully stocked.
- Prepare and maintain up to date organizational charts.
- Assemble and summarize information as required. Collect and compile statistics and information from identified sources.
- Regular liaison with Senior Executives and their direct reports to ensure that meetings are on track and to provide support throughout the meetings including conference room, setting up for the meeting, coordinating for equipment needed, visuals, packets and removal of equipment and meeting materials upon completion.
- Organize and plan events as needed including preparation and collation of presentation material (finding venues and remaining within budget).
- Prepare charts, graphs and tables for presentation or inclusion in reports. Update spreadsheets or databases to assist in the tracking of account information. Prepares regular reports following established procedures.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic organization under pressure and extended hours / overtime as requested.
- Participate in formal training seminars and other skill development workshops as required.
- Assist in tracking Objectives setting and performance review process.
- Project support; completion of assigned projects in a timely manner.
- To maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
- Adhere to procedures relating to confidential information.
- Responsible for understanding Company policies and practices.
- Support the Company’s Diversity programs.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelors degree in business, related field preferred
- Proven administrative or secretarial experience and or relevant skills and experience to meet job requirements
- Service oriented and problem-solver
- Excellent with computers as well as pertinent systems and software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, and MS Office package)
- Ability to anticipate senior/executive manager needs as well as operate independently and handle majority of responsibilities without consultation by exercising sound judgment and escalating when necessary
- Aptitude for numbers and maintaining controls as well as understanding the organization and its structure
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization as well as clients, possess a pleasant phone manner and professional demeanor, courteous, efficient and exercise discretion on confidential matters
- Strong attention to detail and follow up, ability to perform multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Knowledge of internet research a plus
- Financial Services background a plus
- Highly organized, quick study, comfortable navigating across geographies within bank
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “out from the shadows” ~'.
christina harris just became a new member.
antoine fisher just edited his profile.
antoine fisher just commented on a poll entitled 'christians read the story about jesus in the new testament ,,,but '.
| invite friends |