|| Accounting/Auditing, Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Government and Policy, Insurance
Mortgage Funding Specialist|
Conducts basic accounting activities and prepares accounting reports or statements for assigned area. Develops and prepares analyses, accounting studies, and reports of a special or non-recurring nature. Ensures financial and statistical reports are completed in accordance with Company policy. Prepares operating and financial statements and reviews statements for conformance to government regulations.
Impact on the Business
- Prepare a variety of financial reports such as balance sheet information, profit and loss statements, and operating cost reports.
- Prepare daily FTP entries for processing and review.
- May review and verify accuracy of FTP journal entries and account information to ensure proper accounting procedures are followed.
- Analyze financial reporting information and/or records and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Assist with monthly processing of information received from business units supported by the department.
- Review and prepare monthly account reconciliations, using FTP and Assurenet, while adhering to North America Account Reconciliation Guidelines and all published monthly requirements.
- May prepare monthly detailed, actual to plan varience analysis for designated processes (i.e Legacy RBWM Cards, Legacy Mortgage and RBWM Legacy Insurance)
- Participate in cross training, special projects, and ad hoc requests as business needs change.
- Responsible for continuous updates to policy and procedure documents throughout the year.
- Analyze financial reports and records; complete studies and/or make recommendations, as appropriate.
- Consult with business management, as applicable, to ensure accurate collection and reporting of data to internal and external partners.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Coordinate accounting, compliance, risk and regulatory matters with other departments as necessary.
- May recommend changes or improvements to internally used accounting systems, processes or procedures.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment with little supervison to resolve departmental and/or business needs, as well as assigned projects.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Understand USGAAP and IFRS accounting to ensure proper reflection of daily FTP entries and monthly account reconciliations.
- Implement the Group compliance policy locally by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Ensure adherence to North America Account Reconciliation Guidelines for all assigned accounts. Follows departmental and business processes to ensure no unsatisfactory Audit or SOX findings. Ensuring understanding of all updates to policy as issued by North America CAO.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Ensuring that time management skills and a complete understanding of processes needed to complete a task are adhered to.
- Ensuring that all processes are in compliance to documented USGAAP and IFRS accouting standards will require a strong understanding of accounting and accounting data flow.
- Effetive communication skills will be required to ensure data and information is delivered to stakeholdes as required.
- Ensure timely and accurate journal verification and self assessments of assigned processes remain SOX compliant, while maintaining an effective collaboration process with peers.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of two years proven financial accounting experience, or equivalent.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, related field or equivalent experience.
- Good analytical, organizational, problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete basic, varied accounting functions and studies.
- Proficiency with personal computers and pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.