|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Information Technology, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
IT Senior Solutions Analyst|
Work as team member or team lead to design, develop and implement business systems or complete specialty functions of small, medium and high risk. Provide technical support for varied technologies and related projects. Coordinate and completes projects according to plan when assigned. Apply technology to business issues to increase revenue, avoid cost, improve service and achieve goals. The Business Systems job family includes all functions supporting applications systems including applications development, business analysis, research and development, and systems integration for business systems.
Impact on the Business
- Remain current on technical and professional developments and business strategies affecting area of responsibility.
- Assist in the development, design and implementation of business systems. Serve as member of a project team or as an individual contributor when assigned. Provide computer program and system development and technical support for very complex, highly critical programs and systems. Plan and coordinate tests, resolves production problems, identify opportunities to improve systems .
Leadership & Teamwork
- When assigned as project lead, leads projects of varied complexities and criticality, prepares project tasks and schedules, and leads projects to assure objectives are met on time and within cost. Initiate system analysis, work on user gathering user requirements and assesses system impacts. Determine alternate solutions with risk analysis and identifies opportunities to use technology to improve availability. Coordinate activities and project meetings as required and reports project issues to management. May work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Perform business systems development tasks, including: working with users to define systems needs; designing business systems to meet user needs; installing and implementing vendor packages. Design, code, test, debug and document programs. Assist in delivering global and strategic technical projects. .
- Assist in the training and orientation of other staff and end users.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Develop proficiency in systems analysis skills. Maintain proficiency in programming languages, program development and testing; serves as expert in area of responsibility. Provide technical analysis and solutions to issues.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Develops and programs complex systems to align with business requirements.
- May execute multiple projects at one given time.
- Strong problem solving skills within the required technology area across multiple platforms.
- The ability to work flexible hours as needed/required.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Motivated and results oriented professional who enjoyes working in a fast paced environment.
- Escalates any project issues to manager.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a major or minor in Computer Science or related field and over four years of proven and progressive technical experience.
- Methods and tools or a specialty function or have demonstrated the necessary proficiencies to function on the job as required.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills; proficiency in analytic and quality assurance techniques; leadership ability; and a willingness to take appropriate risks.
- Must have experience with Alogent remote deposit capture and/or check processing tools/products
- At least 5-10 years of experience in check processing technology
- Must have production support experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with HP Global Service Desk (GSD) and Quality Center (QC) preferred
- Mainframe experience preferred