Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Military, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Web Technology
Associate, Wholesale Portfolio Management|
This role supports the activities of the Wholesale Portfolio Management (WPM) function. WPM’s role is to improve portfolio risk management and risk/return on the credit portfolio through managing key LOB processes such as deal origination, loan sales and hedging. Additionally, WPM supports and oversee the use of transaction and client profitability tools such as Dealpoint and EOS. Key responsibilities for this role provide portfolio MIS & monitoring, perform risk reviews & analysis, support risk management and capital allocation within the business and with the 2nd line of defense (Risk and Finance) and support Global WPM initiatives This position reports to a Director within, who in turn reports to the Regional Head of Wholesale Portfolio Management. This role will focus primarily on Global Banking.
- Support WPM’s DPC process using global PM tools - including Dealpoint and EOS.
- Perform WPM specific reporting as need, - including daily Flash P&L, monthly Risk Committee, monthly RWA and funding forecasting and Global WPM reporting.
- Provide management with meaningful regular portfolio MIS and adhoc risk/return analysis.
- Assist with providing regional portfolio data for sector and company analysis for Single Name Concentration (SNC), Worry/Watch/Monitor and Sector reviews.
- Support WPM and broader efforts to improve portfolio data quality and transparency.
- Actively support and work with 2nd Line of Defense (Risk and Finance) on risk management processes - including Risk Limit Mandate / Risk Concentration Limits processes and Stress test processes.
- Assist with implementing, as appropriate, PM relevant regulatory and internal policy/guideline changes, including communication and support to origination teams.
- Assist, as needed, in resolving PM relevant audit points and issues raised by regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor level college degree, ideally with an Accounting, Finance, Economics or other quantitative discipline.
- Prior banking experience preferred- background in Credit & Lending, Risk Management or Risk/Return analysis a plus.
- Understanding of risk management with knowledge of regulatory and economic capital.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong IT skills and multitasking ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player who is detailed oriented and a self-starter