Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
||Seattle, WA S
|| Accounting/Auditing, Education and Library, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Science, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Energy / Utilities
Data Coordinator IV|
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
This .75-1.0 FTE position works with Infectious Disease Sciences Faculty and staff on infectious disease clinical studies. The position is responsible for monitoring data collection and its adherence to protocols. Responsible for the collection, coordination, processing, and quality control of clinical trial data across multiple projects.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent works independently in performing job assignments along with faculty and clinical team. Uses judgment in data collection, quality control, and liaison activities.
- Review and edit research protocols with regard to data collection.
- Review and monitor patient/ participant clinical trial data.
- Abstract and code information such as patient/participant treatment and progress.
- Perform routine audits to insure quality and completeness of the data submitted.
- Serve as a liaison and reference resource to Physicians, Investigators, other staff members, and other organizations with questions about data collection or protocol procedures and requirements.
- Monitor adherence to protocol, investigating any violation.
- Analyze patient data through various electronic medical records systems (e.g. Mindscape/ORCA, VAX).
- Maintain computer database.
- Coordinate quality control reviews by appointed agencies or Investigators.
- Participate in committees with regard to data quality assurance, oversee committee special projects.
- Maintain ongoing contact with data suppliers to insure timely and complete delivery of data.
- Assist in the development of data acquisition forms.
- Work with Biostatisticians and computer application specialists in developing systems for processing data.
- Assist in the planning and content of statistical reports.
- Provide input to support policies and goals of the department.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
- Act as lead in absence of lead personnel.
- BA/BS, RRA, ART, or two year degree in the medical field
- Three years of experience in medical records, cancer registry, or related field
- Strong computer skills and experience working with databases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Medical terminology
- Knowledge of statistics preferred (e.g SAS, STATA, R, Amalga)
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience concurrently working on multiple on-going projects
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!