Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Contact Center Sr Team Manager - Business Banking|
Responsible for leading, coaching, motivating and developing a team of up to 14 CCSA’s in an inbound and/or outbound highly regulated and complex call center environment servicing various products and propositions. Through actions promotes and holds accountability to the highest level of customer service. Delivers upon quantitative and qualitative key performance indicators, in line with our business strategies and regulatory requirements (ie scorecard). Acts as a role model to other Team Managers.
Impact on the Business
- Take accountability for the performance of your team and all that they do, contributing to the successful delivery of ‘Best in Class’ standards whilst remaining within key operational performance parameters (service, sales and operational targets)
- Understand Business Intelligence data and be able to translate into individual team performance plans
- Plan and prioritize work appropriately considering importance, urgency, customer and business impact.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Manage and resolve escalated customer concerns and complaints and use appropriate business judgment, making considered decisions to manage monetary adjustments (in line with authority level) that protect and enhance HSBC values, reputation and the business
- Act as a secondary level of complaint as required when calls required.
- Champion and embrace change and innovation within the team
- Demonstrate ownership and common sense with all that you do, sharing best practice across teams and peers
- Adhere to local regulations and programs around ‘Treating Customers Fairly’.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Take full accountability for the Leadership, coaching, performance and absence management of a team of up to 14 FTE handing call types and products.
- Manage various employee related concerns such as retention, absenteeism, morale, conflict resolution, employee grievances and under-performance in compliance with local disciplinary procedures and authority levels (i.e. up to and including Stage 1 disciplinary as required).
- Understand and translate the immediate business/function strategy into your team and align direction accordingly
- Drive and coach performance improvement of your team to achieve a high performance culture, adhering to the relevant procedures under defined coaching scheme and through pro-active 1:1s and motivational sessions (including mid-year and year-end performance reviews)
- Embed a best place to work environment for all of your team
- Support individuals through the welcome and on-boarding stage of the induction program and set stretching goals for self and team
- Act as a role model for our Group values and behaviors, authentically engaging with your team, colleagues and customers to deliver Superior Customer Service through them
- Maintain Best Place to Bank principles through coaching and training
- Provides emergency cover to the Sales and Service Manager as required
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Knowledge of Group compliance, Operational Risk and SOX (Sarbanes- Oxley Requirements) for RBWM Centers
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards
- Awareness of all elements of Operational Risk associated with the role in compliance to SOX for contact centers
- Continually review work practices to improve productivity, whilst identifying activity that compromises ability to spend time with individuals or your team
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Achieving superior customer service excellence in every customer contact
- Coaching and developing a diverse team which can handle complex customer situations
- Managing own time to balance technical understanding and team/business leadership in order to influence effective outcomes under the 2 quadrants of the scorecard.
- Creating an innovative and passionate culture to engage the team and encourage performance excellence, whilst working within agreed departmental budget constraints
- Adapting to changing performance parameters (e.g. Scorecard changes) and the ever-changing regulatory environment
- Understanding updates on procedural changes and compliance
- Achieving retention and attendance management metrics.
- The role operates within a HSBC RBWM Contact Centre. This is a high profile, highly regulated environment and the role holder must have the ability to react quickly to changing priorities by being flexible, proactive and cooperative at all times.
- Our people in the Contact Centers are the first point of contact for HSBC customers, with high volumes of calls each day, inbound and outbound. In order to deliver superior service levels to our customers, we need to be able to build effective rapport at the first point of contact to ensure we continue to be trusted with their financial needs.
- The Team Manager role is integral to monitoring this first point of contact, ensuring all contact remains within mandatory constraints and legislation as appropriate, identifying the development needs of our executives to enable them to continue to deliver a superior service and value added sales
- The role holder will set, agree and manage individual performance targets and objectives for executives ensuring timely completion and support of Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs), managing individual employee relations issues in line with company and local policy.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues., The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section 4 of the Group Operations FIM.
- Ensuring the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors required to support the principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold
- Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take into account the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators (see HR FIM section 3.7 and GCL 050044 on Sarbanes Oxley and Internal Controls. Implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external regulators. To implement the Group Compliance Policy as applicable to your role in conjunction with the relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply within the country you reside and in relation to the countries migrating work to assigned GSC.
- To continually re-access the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 2-4 years proven and progressive high volume call center operations experience or equivalent, including a minimum of two year's proven experience managing a team through coaching. mentoring, developing and motivating others. Industry specific experience and/or certification may be required.
- Minimum of a High school graduate or equivalent experience. Minimum of an associates degree in business, related field or business school training preferred and may substitute for some required experience.
- Must be proficient in the language(s) required by the process
- Open to working flexible shifting schedules
- Must be flexible, customer centric and have the ability to thrive in a team environment seeking feedback and open to development
- Takes pride in delivering what is promised in line with the customer and service expectations
- Wants to do a good job, is concerned about getting it right for the customer and checks everything is in order
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment is required
- Proficiency with personal computers and basic software packages and specialized applications
- Have a positive , can do attitude with a desire to get things right first time every time , and works around limitations
- Can use their own initiative with the ability to focus on the important details to deliver a high-quality professional service
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and Decision making skills – PSDM , a desire to do things better, to identify and set and strive for stretching goals
- The job holder is expected to work the shift 12:30 to 9pm, including Saturdays