Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
||Seattle, WA S
|| Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Science, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Director of HRIS|
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (“Fred Hutch” or “the Center”) is one of the premier cancer research centers in the world and home to three Nobel laureates. Fred Hutch is an independent, nonprofit research institution, located on a magnificent campus in the South Lake Union area of Seattle. With the mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases as causes of human suffering and death, the Center conducts research of the highest standards to improve prevention and treatment of cancer and related diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation, the Fred Hutch’s five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science.
In order to fulfill its mission, Fred Hutch is dedicated to:
- Generating new scientific discoveries and translating them into effective medical practices, therapies and public health approaches;
- Recruiting, supporting and training highly qualified scientists and physicians in an environment that promotes collaboration and excellence;
- Cooperating with other research entities and medical institutions to assure worldwide access to new research findings and technical developments;
- Providing sensitive, efficient and effective care for patients participating in our experimental therapies and other studies; and
- Promoting the importance of scientific research, responsible medical care, healthy environments and personal behaviors through public education and advocacy.
The scientific palette of Fred Hutch is extensive; it has over 270 research scientists and 2,800 employees. Areas of research focus include hematologic malignancies, solid tumor biology, immunotherapy, early detection, tumor research, international research, fundamental science, cancer and prevention research as well as substantial programs in global oncology and HIV/AIDS. Additionally, given that the eradication of cancer and other life-threatening diseases is an ambitious goal that demands tenacity, scientific excellence, collaboration and breakthrough creativity, Fred Hutch has five scientific divisions working toward this end: Basic Sciences, Clinical Research, Human Biology, Public Health Sciences, and Vaccine and Infectious Disease. The Center has recently established crosscutting integrated research centers organized to promote team science involving members from two or more of the scientific divisions.
We are looking for an experienced HR Technology leader to establish the HRIS strategy and collaborate with key stakeholders on alignment and execution. The role will be accountable for determining current system gaps, building clear system roadmaps and deliver system efficiencies, robust analytics and meaningful reporting. In addition, this role will directly oversee all payroll functions and delivery, including the management of the employee service center. You must have a proven background in leading complex HR technology, executing on projects in a diverse organization and desire to help scale HR applications for a growing organization.
- Define HR Technology strategy and roadmap aligning with business needs partnering with key HR leaders and stakeholders
- Develop short and long range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans
- Build business case and management budget for department and solutions portfolio
- Partner with other stakeholders/partners/vendors to plan, manage, execute and monitor projects
- Hunt for big ideas that identify and solve important HR problems and move beyond incremental features to a complete end-to-end solution
- Develop user stories, create wireframes, organize and facilitate prototype reviews and UAT, and support training delivery
- Work with IT / vendors to estimate, implement, and build the right features / enhancements / break fixes – thoughtful, end-to-end solutions are a must
- Use a combination of product instinct, data, and teamwork to ensure we provide well-crafted solutions
- Oversee the payroll team, functions and vendor relationships; this will include international support with Uganda and South Africa. In addition, this role will oversee the employee service center team to drive integration of employee information, best practices with efficient processes and reductions in errors and intake request response time.
- Lead through process excellence and demonstrate effective project management skills in navigating likely risks and implement mitigation plans
- Take ownership for a successful product outcome and anticipate needs across HR functions, system development/IT, HR operations, and production support teams
- Be the customer champion for HR, influencing the roadmaps of other groups at Fred Hutch to address employee needs
- Stay current on HR technology and trends, bringing new ideas to HR
- Deliver solutions supporting all HR functional disciplines including Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, Talent Management, Learning and Development and Talent Acquisition
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or 4+ years equivalent experience
- 10+ years or more of recent experience in HR systems implementation and management
- Extensive experience supporting a diverse, complex, production environment required
- Experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle
- Leader in establishing best practices for information systems management
- Leader in understanding and articulating technical feasibility of solutions
- Experience setting standards for evaluating the effectiveness of HRIS team
- Experience working with stakeholders/partners at all levels, globally, across the organization
- Experience in supporting Core HR systems review and reconfiguration
- Experience within a scientific research institute, healthcare provider or academic institution a plus
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!