Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Sales, Research & Development
Project Management Director|
JOB SUMMARY The purpose of this position is responsibility for project management services within an assigned geographic market, program or client account to achieve the company's strategic business objectives. Key project delivery focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk management. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for financial performance of market, program, and client accounts including budgeting, actual results, forecasting and reporting.
- Responsible for billing (including documentation required for revenue recognition), accounts receivable (AR) collection, expense monitoring and control, staffing (including allocation, if applicable) and full P&L to EBITDA before all allocations.
- Interacts regularly with client(s) to ensure that goals and objectives are established and achieved.
- Develops and implements action plans to correct variances. Anticipates and responds to the client's needs and concerns.
- Manages and leads project management staff in the market and ensures thorough staff understanding and implementation of operations, policies, and procedures.
- Formally supervises individual employees and/or subordinate supervisors. Responsible for identifying tracking performance, coaching, training needs, and motivating direct reports and work group.
- Directly or indirectly responsible for hiring, terminating, compensation, and performance evaluation for direct reports and work group.
- Directs all phases of project management including procurement/contracting, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closeout phases of the project. Key focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk management.
- Develops new business growth and maintains existing business relationships. Responsible for business pursuits, integration with other CBRE business lines, and cross-selling our CBRE business in the assigned geographic market, program or client account to achieve the company's strategic business objectives.
- Exhibits a complete understanding of company's corporate governance policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring corporate governance policies and procedures are adhered to within work group.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and compliant contract procurement, contract negotiation, contract execution, contract administration, and closeout. Contracts included company's agreements, client/vendor agreements, company/vendor and supplier agreements. Monitors adherence to policies and procedures regarding internal governance and controls.
- Demonstrates ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks for client and company.
- Oversees the preparation of accurate, timely, and complete reports to the client and company.
- Participates in civic and business organizations. Conducts and maintains relationships with industry and trade associates, vendors, and professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manages the planning, organization, and controls for a major functional area or department. May be responsible for a mix of direct and matrix reports.
- Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval.
- Monitors appropriate staffing levels and reports on utilization and deployment of human resources.
- Leads and supports staff in areas of staffing, selection, training, development, coaching, mentoring, measuring, appraising and rewarding performance and retention. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- Required experience directly managing work group or leading 3rd party project delivery resources/team (typically larger, more experienced team).
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/Bang/BArch) required from College or University.
- Minimum of eight years of related progressive experience and/or training.
- Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) preferred if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
- LEED AP preferred
- PMP preferred (US and/or Canada)
- CCM preferred
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Reviews complex financial/business analysis and reports prepared by subordinates. Ability to analyze the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions. Develops and implements financial policies and procedures. Approves and oversees department budget.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the sensitive issues.
Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action. Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results. Responsible for setting project, department and/or division deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to line of business and/or overall company.
Thank you for your interest in CBRE. This position is being published in an effort to build our candidate pipeline for our upcoming opportunities. If an opportunity opens that matches your qualifications, we will reach out to you at that time. We are building a world-class organization with a world-class team and appreciate your interest in CBRE.