||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Legal, Quality Control, Research & Development
Vice President - Fixed Income Control Officer|
Reporting to the US Asset Class Control Office Lead, the role holder will work as part of the Americas Control Office, and be an integral part of the Global Fixed Income Business Management team. The Fixed Income Control Officer will own the control agenda for the asset class for the Americas region and will ensure effective implementation of control standards, governance, procedures and controls. The role holder will play a key role in supporting and where necessary leading, the enhancement/ improvement of controls and best practice within the Fixed Income business for the region.
The role of the Fixed Income Control Officer is to ensure the clear identification of the risks impacting the business, and to facilitate the effective design of the Front Office control framework and monitor its operating effectiveness. There is also a remit to maintain a view over the front to back control environment for the Fixed Income business.
- Monitor the operating effectiveness of the global Front Office control framework, escalating control issues as necessary
- Embed new policies and procedures for and on behalf of the Fixed Income business in accordance with the Bank’s policy governance procedures, including ensuring controls and metrics are effectively embedded (e.g. through training)
- Work with support functions to ensure robust controls and act as a point of escalation with regards downstream control issues. Influence support functions in their remediation of control gaps.
- Work with the Assurance team to gain assurance that controls for key risks are designed and operating effectively via testing, monitoring, and other reviews.
- Assist in the management of US regulatory compliance testing for the front office as it relates to controls owned by the Fixed Income business.
- Act as a point of escalation with respect to internal control issues (including red flags) for the asset class
- Act as principal contact point for Audit for the business
- Monitor the implementation of audit points to ensure timely remediation and enhancement in the control environment
Risk and Control Assessment:
Own the administration of the Risk & Control Assessment for the asset class and ensure that the risk assessment is reviewed on a periodic basis
Management of Risk
- Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology
- Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulatorss
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Degree holder, preferably with a professional qualification, with strong knowledge of internal control, governance/policy and risk management in markets
- 8-10 years’ experience in business management, Audit or risk/control roles within a markets business
- Strong understanding of Markets business and products, specifically with in depth knowledge of Rates and Credit
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills to enhance standards, policies and controls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to negotiate and work effectively with business leaders across business lines and geographies
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills and be able to perform multitask under pressure with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent team player with a proactive and self-motivated attitude and ability to think and act independently