Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Jersey City, NJ
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Legal, Military, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
KYCS Business Manager|
The Business Manager will have a range of functional and regional cross-functional responsibilities covering Planning, People Management, Cost Management, Quality Control and Communication.
The jobholder will have ultimate responsibility for the overall success of managing KYC Operations department in Americas region. This includes but is not limited to:
- KYC due diligence and client identification validation
- Implementation of the new global policy standards and applying local requirements as necessary.
- Running KYC processes and managing staff in remediation and Run the Bank processes.
- Helping integrate KYC Ops team across all Lines of Business
Impact on the Business
- To ensure the development, delivery and execution of business management and strategy. Supporting the Regional Head of KYC Ops in all areas of Business Management.
- Manage and control the Department’s budget and expenditure across the budget lifecycle;
- Monitor actual / projected expense levels versus budgets & explain major variances
- Provide accurate departmental reporting by agreed metrics, in a timely manner.
- Planning and project management of specific initiatives aimed at ensuring service quality and consistency,
- Implement sustainable cost saving initiatives.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Assist the KYCS Head in communications strategy and stakeholder management.
- Develop a positive, collaborative relationship across a range of key stakeholders, including other areas of the Regional KYC Ops team, key departments within Banking, Financial Crime Risk functions and Lines of Defense.
- Actively promote the strategy, values and global standards of the Banking business across the region.
- Build strong working relationships with functional departments as and when required, to gather information and to provide necessary support to the team.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Oversee Functional People Management activities, eg. The Talent pool, people’s onboarding, L&D;
- Oversee Functional Global People Survey actions;
- Embody the Group's values and global standards in every aspect of how the role holder operates
- Develops close and effective working relationships with Global Business & Functions / Regional business management teams.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that staff within their area are aware of relevant internal instructions (FIMS, GSM’s, circulars) and external regulatory requirements;
- Ensure that application and infrastructure teams are aware of audit reports and that appropriate responses and solutions are provided reporting a timely manner;
- Maintain HSBC Internal Control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit and/or regulatory recommendations;
- Support achievement of financial objectives, including effective management of costs;
- Support development and delivery of appropriate process, technology and data architecture in an efficient, cost effective and transparent manner
- Working effectively with Global and Regional Functional Heads using strong influencing skills.
- To work effectively in a matrix organisation across diverse stakeholders and geographies.
- Ensuring that the quality of operational, particularly budget, management is to a consistent quality across the globe.
- Compliance with HSBC Group standards, whilst accommodating specific organisational requirements.
- Delivering regional initiatives across a rapidly changing organisation
- To operate in a reduced cost environment, helping to drive the achievement of sustainable cost saving targets.
- The jobholder is required to be very conversant with the constantly changing business, regulatory and control environment, and be able to provide prompt support, perspective, advice and recommendations.
- The ability to work effectively with senior leaders across the business lines and geographies is critical.
- Promoting a risk awareness culture and ensuring consistent operational risk frameworks and practices can also be
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with internal/external audit and regulators via RLO.
- Reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with internal/external audit and regulators via the RLO office.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- University degree in science, engineering or economics
- Working knowledge of the front to back functioning of an investment Bank spanning relationship, product and operational activities
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a variety of admin roles, MI production and project management with a large financial institution
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, third party consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users
- Excellent analysis, design and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organisational, planning and management skills
- Proven financial management experience
- KYC Data experience will be an asset
- Has experience in preparing business reports, documents and procedures
- Proficiency in using MS Office package
- Proven ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to contribute to a larger team;
- Organised and able to visualise project risk and determine correct mitigations