|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Legal, Military, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
The role covers both the Mid Corporate (MC) and Large Corporate (LC) segments of CMB, specifically covering financial sponsor relationships that are often CMB’s largest and more complex customers, and on an average basis, they are the largest contributors to CMB’s revenues. To meet their sophisticated needs and to provide a bespoke level of service, the servicing model is constructed around a Relationship Manager who serves as the anchor for the relationship and coordinates with product partners (such as Capital Financing, Payments and Cash Management, Global Trade and Receivables Finance and Global and Markets to offer solutions based on the customers’ needs and complexity of the business. Coupled with the provision of CMB core product offering, the customer’s requirement for Capital Financing solutions to satisfy an event driven business need is seen as a major characteristic of this segment.
The Mid Corporate (MC) and Large Corporate (LC) Relationship Support - Credit Manager is responsible for the preparation of credit & sales opportunities, draft CARM remarks on behalf of the RM, provide documentation expertise, prepare credit related MI, and manage third party liaison for non-standard/complex facilities.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Support both the Mid Corporate and Large Corporate strategies in country, specifically focusing on Financial Sponsor relationships.
- Support understanding and delivery of Commercial Banking (CMB) and Corporate Banking priorities
- Work effectively in partnership with other CMB teams and product providers
- Support senior managers by cross-pollinating sales best practices across and between regions, along with leading/participating in local/regional/global initiatives that result in higher returns
- Support change for strategic business sales / opportunities that significantly improve business performance
Customers / Stakeholders
- Enhance the Bank’s image in the marketplace to build key relationships with third parties as required
- Applies acquired knowledge to provide advice and assistance
- Liaise and work with other Corporate/CMB teams to develop the best possible experience and outcomes for both the customers, employees and the Bank
- Effective dialogue with all stakeholders across CMB and the Group
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behavior, actions and decision making
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviors that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
Management of Risk
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defense’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defense, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- Strong Knowledge of Bank’s structures, products and procedures
- Strong knowledge of the changing economic, social and governmental environment and industries/sectors in US
- Strong understanding of risk management and credit mitigants and strong credit knowledge
- Proven track record in a corporate client and financial sponsor focused environment and an ability to anticipate clients’ needs and tailor service delivery to them
- Proven record in decision making
- Proven ability to work with a variety of levels including senior executives both internal and within client hierarchies
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience ideally in the Commercial or Corporate environment
- Proven leadership skills including coaching, motivation and the ability to project/engender ownership of corporate goals in others and communications skills to inspire others
- Strong ‘team’ skills promoting an environment of co-operation and trust, overcoming resistance where encountered
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Good prioritizing, organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills