The Project Manager will be involved in the management of projects/programs for healthcare clients as directed by senior leadership. He/she will assist with the preparation, development and maintenance of the Master Program Budget and Schedule; coordinate with project teams to ensure timely delivery; and prepare monthly Project Status Reports for each assigned project among other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Assists in all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for facility projects including planning, construction, occupancy and closeout.
Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting facility projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard request for proposals; completes bid analysis; recommends resources to clients.
Leads project delivery resources/team providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and Client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
Demonstrates ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
Other duties as assigned.
Healthcare Industry Knowledge, Important Real Estate Understanding
The following statements represent targeted healthcare industry knowledge and important real estate understanding that will be important to successfully integrating into the team. This knowledge is deemed to be important to enhance the credibility of the professional and team in their engagement with the client.
- Understanding of the challenges and differences of a healthcare project (not medical office) verses projects in other industry sectors.
- General understanding of the trends and issues impacting the healthcare industry.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry divisions – outpatient, acute, post-acute and senior living; understanding of the facility differences.
- Ability to engage and carry conversations with a healthcare leadership team.
- Ability to empathize with both the patient and provider to set the context for problem solving within the project delivery process.
- Basic understanding of real estate structuring, related documents and, key terms.
- Understanding of the key facility trends impacting the healthcare industry – patient centered care, sustainability, operational efficiency, departmental adjacencies, etc
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees. Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team. Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study; Project Management – architecture, engineering or construction management
- Master’s Degree in Business, Real Estate Development, Project Management, Engineering on Construction Management preferred.
- Minimum four years of construction project management experience required.
- 3 – 5 years of practical work experience in healthcare construction or project management is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively set goals and achieve goals on a continued basis.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and ensure quality of work.
- Ability to travel 60% is required.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- PMP (US and/or Canada)
- LEED AP preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Powerpoint required.
- Experience with MS Project preferred.
- Experience with AutoCad preferred.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings.
- Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.