IMPORTANT NOTE: This is not an IT-type job, but more akin to those who have commercial project management experience.
Thank you for your interest in CBRE. This position is being published in an effort to build our candidate pipeline for our upcoming opportunities. If an opportunity opens that matches your qualifications, we will reach out to you at that time. We are building a world-class organization with a world-class team and appreciate your interest in CBRE.
The purpose of this position is to lead individual, multi-disciplined real estate project solutions for clients, with direct accountability for project delivery.
Characteristics of responsible projects:
Duration: Midterm (weeks to months)
Value: Typically < $1 Million USD
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
• Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
• Knowledge of ground-up construction process, including general construction standards, entitlements, municipality relations, performance of constructability review, forecast completion, and other applicable duties
• Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
•Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard request for proposals; completes bid analysis; recommends resources to clients.
• Leads project delivery resources/team providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
• Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
• Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and Client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
• Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
• Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
• Demonstrates ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
• Up to 35% travel within California required
• Other duties as assigned.
• No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
• Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team. Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
•Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study.
•Minimum four years of related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
•PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
•Strong organizational and analytical skills.
•Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
•Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
•Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
•Conducts advanced financial analysis.
•Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
•Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
•Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
•Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
•Ability to read and understand architectural drawings.
•Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
•Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
•Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.
•Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
With access to top-tier market intelligence, planning, local site selection and asset strategies, our Global Workplace Services offering includes Enterprise Facilities Management (EFM), Project Management (PJM), Advisory & Transaction Services (A&T), and Management Consulting. We offer end-to-end expertise across all workplace types, scalable delivery, a commitment to world-class safety and ongoing innovations in building efficiencies, energy conservation and CRE technology.