Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||SCCA Proton Therapy Center
||Seattle, WA S
|| Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Construction, Mining and Trades, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Broadcasting/Public Communications, Research & Development, Medical, Web Technology
Registered Nurse - On Call|
The Seattle Proton Therapy Center is dedicated to bringing proton therapy to patients by using a comprehensive approach that provides state-of-the-art proton therapy in a healing environment. We collaborate with leading radiation oncology practices and hospitals to bring the benefits of proton therapy to their patients. The Seattle Proton Therapy Center is a healthcare company that develops and operates full-service proton therapy centers. We provide a comprehensive approach to the design, construction, financing, staffing, training, and day-to-day operations of world-class proton therapy centers.
SCCA Proton Therapy Center is looking for passionate, motivated people who want to join a fast-growing company that delivers proton therapy to patients in need of radiation treatment. We welcome applicants who enthusiastically and genuinely support the ideals of patient care. To learn more about how to join the SCCA Proton team, please visit our website at https://www.sccaprotontherapy.com/.
The Clinical Nurse provides and coordinates all clinical aspects of care for patients receiving proton radiation therapy, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team to achieve predetermined quality outcomes. The Clinical Nurse will be expected to perform clinical research tasks that are interrelated to the daily function of the clinic. It will be the responsibility of the Clinical Nurse to assure all federal regulations regarding research are followed and work in collaboration with Research.
- Educates patients in the proton therapy clinics; responds to consultations made by physicians.
- Performs patient histories and physical examinations under physician supervision; evaluates results and monitors treatment plans; maintains medical records.
- Oversees patient schedules, appointments, and procedures
- Participates in educational in-services and seminars for health care providers at the SCCA Proton Therapy Center as well as the surrounding area; maintains current certification through continuing education.
- Accountable for the management of patient care in assigned service(s).
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to recognize and solve patient problems.
- Identifies the age specific growth and developmental needs of the patients, and utilizes the nursing process and nursing standards to prevent or manage actual/potential problems in the assigned service of the SCCA Proton Therapy Center.
- Identifies patient /family nursing needs and assures that they are met.
- Inputs, retrieves, and interprets data from multiple manual and computer information systems.
- Maintains patients’ rights and demonstrates respect for persons of all ages and diverse cultures.
- Utilizes organizational skills to assure continuity of care in collaboration with other disciplines through appropriate planning, education, and coordination of other services.
- Collaborates with the medical staff to facilitate and optimize patient care.
- Acts on behalf of the patients and family to ensure care that is safe and appropriate with consideration for values, diversity, and human rights.
- Participates in nursing and medical research and facilitates transfer of new knowledge to patient care.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- One year of experience in patient care required
- Two years of oncology experience or pediatric OR/Recovery preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology, and equipment
- Patient assessment skills
- Ability to apply good clinical judgment
- Ability to plan work, establish priorities, and remain flexible
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of general nursing principles and practices.
- Knowledge of scientific principles and specialized techniques used in the practice of nursing.
- Knowledge of medications and treatments.
- Knowledge of current literature in the field of nursing and hospital administration.
- Ability to assess the effectiveness of nursing care.
- Ability to maintain records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, subordinates, superiors, partner hospitals/medical practices, the general public, representatives of public and private organizations and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
- Problem Solving/Conflict Resolution
- Performance Standards
- Flexibility/Managing Change
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Fostering Teamwork
- Graduate of an approved RN program, with bachelors degree in nursing preferred; supplemented with two years of related clinical nursing experience
- Washington State RN licensure required
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred
- Certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred
- Exposures to hazardous risks include radiation exposure (under the ALARA principle), potential exposure to infectious and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment and chemicals. Potential for bodily injury due to lifting. Required to follow universal precautions. Exposure to cleaning / sterilization agents. Hazards will be minimal if proper safety precautions are utilized.
SCCA Proton Therapy utilizes RFID (Radio-Frequency IDentification) tags at the centers for the purposes of analysis of productivity and patient throughput. This information is not for use as a management tool for employee performance issues.
Click here to apply for the REGISTERED NURSE-ON CALL position
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
SCCA Proton Therapy Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!