We’re looking for the future leaders of Global Banking. You will need to be forward-thinking, driven and perceptive, open to different ideas and cultures and enjoy being part of a team.
We have opportunities in Investment Banking including: Advisory (M&A), Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Leveraged & Acquisition Finance, Financial Sponsors, Financial Institutions Group, Infrastructure and Real Estate Finance, Project and Export Finance, and our advisory-focused Sector teams.
In investment banking we offer financial and advisory solutions that support critical strategic events in a company’s evolution (e.g. an acquisition, divestiture or an IPO) and / or where our clients wish to raise funds from investors in the capital or loan markets to support their operations and fund growth (e.g. a bond issuance or equity raise). Our clients are both traditional corporates, financial and public sector institutions and financial sponsors (e.g. private equity and sovereign wealth funds).
Be a part of the World’s Best Investment Bank:
We want people to join Global Banking who can help shape our future. You will search for international opportunities and enable us to develop products and services for governments, corporates and institutions. We will help broaden your horizons and nurture your curiosity.
We offer personalised training and development to further your career and ensure you reach your potential. You will have responsibility for driving your own development. You will have regular access to business leaders for coaching and advice and be assigned a mentor and buddy who can guide you. You will need to be forward-thinking, driven and perceptive, open to different ideas and cultures, and enjoy being part of a team.
We believe that having a diverse and inclusive culture is key to success. We want everyone to thrive at HSBC irrespective of their background.
Role and candidate profile:
As an Analyst in Investment Banking, your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting advisory and coverage delivery focussed on broad range of clients
- Financial Analysis: Developing valuations and creating/analysing financial models, as well as conducting financing, comparative and pro forma analyses
- Client Materials: Assisting in the preparation of presentations and other materials for clients
- Transaction Execution: Interacting with clients and various levels of management, and acting as an integral part of the engagement team
- Sector knowledge: Keeping up to date with the markets and the sector developments, understanding regulatory frameworks in relevant jurisdictions to support developing advice, valuation and financing structures
- Collaborating with product and country teams
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelors’ degree from a leading university and exceptional academic performance
- Previous investment banking or accounting experience, with track record either product or sector teams and good understanding of the market
- Investment banking or accounting background
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Proficiency in financial modelling and valuation
- Experience in developing marketing materials (pitch books), including research.
- Experience with common databases (such as Bloomberg, Factset, Factiva, Datastream, etc)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of HSBC Group and products
- High levels of motivation and strong work ethic
- Demonstrated capacity to build a network of contacts, both internal and external, in the context of interactions with colleagues and clients
- A strong understanding of the financial markets
- The position requires a self-confident person who is highly motivated and reliable, with strong team spirit
- FINRA Licensing S79, and S63 required. On an exception basis, a 90 day contingency period can be offered to obtain licenses, strictly at the manager's discretion.