Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Banking, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Government and Policy, Sales
Customer Experience Associate|
This position is primarily responsible for providing an overall excellent customer experience and lobby management. Receives, engages and refers walk-in customers to the appropriate channel or banker in a friendly and courteous manner. Supports all customer segments. Listens, understands and interprets customer needs and provides options on how they bank with us. Handles less complex customer service requests and pro-actively manages the self-service strategy.
Impact on the Business
- Live and represent the brand; exemplify the five brand attributes of being perceptive, progressive, responsive, respectful and fair, both internally and externally.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Own the customer experience; serve as first point of contact for customers entering the branch; provide a positive first impression through courteous, friendly and efficient customer service and meet customer expectations.
- Fulfill quick customer service needs, resolve service-related issues and provide an excellent customer experience during these interactions.
- Identify sales referral opportunities to deepen customer relationships and complete initial evaluation of customer needs to direct them to the appropriate sales specialist, setting up appointments as required (as the position is not licensed, sales discussions and needs evaluations may not include wealth products).
- Proactively manage the lobby and champion the self-service strategy in the branch by helping educate customers on the alternate channels available and the ATM/Connect Station functionality.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Promote and demonstrate alternative delivery channels to customers (ATMs, kiosks, online banking) in alignment with our self-service strategy.
- Work with sales and service personnel within the branch to meet customer needs.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Execute operational duties within the branch in support of sales personnel, including processing applications, signature cards, check ordering, etc. to support all branch customer segments.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Owning the customer experience within the branch
- Shifting Personal Banking customers to alternative delivery channels in alignment with the self-service strategy for this customer segment..
- Communicating with customers with tact and diplomacy and presenting a professional image for the branch.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
Qualifications & Requirements
- Maintain and observe HSBC’s internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent experience.
Proven interpersonal, analytical, organizational, customer service and communications skills.
Proficiency with personal computers and office machines as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
Demonstrated product and segment knowledge and referral abilities.
Outgoing, self-motivated and ability to initiate conversations with customers and take pro-active approach to dealing with them; as well as communicate with tact and diplomacy and present a professional image for the branch.
Sound knowledge of the customer service concept and its importance in developing and expanding customer relationships.