Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Legal, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Retail Business Banking Wholesaler|
The Retail Business Banking proposition is a strategic priority for HSBC and the role of Retail Business Banking Wholesaler is a key specialist role that supports the achievement of the proposition objectives. In this role the Retail Business Banking Wholesaler works with Team Leaders & Area Managers to improve the capability and performance in Business Banking for Network roles. (i.e. BM & PRM).
Qualifications & Requirements
The Retail Business Banking Wholesaler will be responsible for the Small Business lead execution, sales process, customer experience and controls delivered through the Retail Area branch network. As a member of the Business Banking team, the Wholesaler will be in constant communication with the RBB Team Leader and Area Manager (s) to ensure a cohesive integration of the Business Banking market strategy.
Although coaching remains as one of the core responsibilities, the Retail Business Banking Wholesaler supplements the capacity and capabilities of Branch personnel to assist in providing an outstanding client experience to our valuable Business Banking clients.
Retail Business Banking Wholesalers will focus on improving the productivity of our core contributing branch members. Wholesalers will work closely with Area Leadership and the coaching for branch personnel primarily focused on client engagement skills, sales activities, process including utilisation of key client engagement and sales tools. In certain markets, when needed, the Wholesaler will also be deployed to up-skill RBB RM’s in the field of Business Banking.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Help build a sustainable Business Banking Sales force (across multiple branches) and significantly improve client engagement activities of the sales force by working with Area Leadership to provide superior coaching support to a team of Branch personnel.
- Provide insight back to the Area Manager & Team Leader on trends and field observations.
- Monitor training for Area Manager & Branch Managers to ensure that all required Small Business training is completed in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with Team Leader on marketing campaigns, and KPI
- Lead credit pipeline management process for Retail branch network
- Work collaboratrively with Premier Wealth Coaches (PWCs) and Area Managers to build knowledge base within PRMs (handling Business Banking clients or referring Business Banking clients) to achieve proficiency levels similar to Retail Business Banking Relationship Managers (RBBRM).
- Work with the broader organization including but not limited to CVM, Business Performance and CART team to ensure end to end delivery of client and account onboarding experience including streamlining process, documentation and understanding / enhancement of systems capabilities.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Pro-actively operate at the heart of the local business community, and provide indirect leadership, supervision, direction and guidance to approximately 15 Branches driving Small Business deposit, credit, treasury management & portfolio management performance for business banking clients with less than $5 million in revenue across a defined Area.
- Work with Branch Managers and Area Managers to identify target audience to coach the areas for development, and agree upon expected outcomes.
- Identify training gaps within assigned Area and partner with Retail training group to facilitate workshops in regards to Business Banking Solutions, Services and New to Bank Relationships Onboarding process.
- Join client calls or meetings with Branch personnel in order to identify development opportunities, but do not directly advise or sell to client
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making.
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the
- HSBC Values and culture, establishing controls and routines related to the customer experience and problem resolution needs and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking reequired action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of
- Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC’s Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational
- Risk Function:
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework
- appropriately to manage those risks. This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management
- restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice.
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels.
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
Certifications, Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of ten years proven and progressive Sales and Relationship Management experience.
- Minimum of five years in Banking Sales Management.
- Prior direct management experience required.
- Extensive experience managing and leading through influence.
- Strong communication, sales planning, problem solving, lateral thinking, negotiations, presentation skills, team building, organizational skills with individuals at all levels internally and externally.
- Outstanding ability to build relationships with customers and develop partnerships across other business lines.
- Advanced business development skills with broad market knowledge and presence.
- Proven track record of delivering in sales and strong understanding of business credit, deposit and cash management products and services.
- Knowledge of business credit underwriting.
- Thorough understanding of customer segmentation and sales management techniques, as well as the businesses, products and related processes supported and the regulations impacting them. Proven ability in communicating effectively within the organization and with customer groups.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and effectively influence and communicate across various business lines at senior levels within the organization.
- Strong knowledge of the customer service concept and its impact on customer relationships.
- Strong ability to credibly interact with senior management.