Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arlington Heights, IL
|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Information Technology, Executive Management, Research & Development
IT Audit Manager|
- Coordinates, supervises and participates in audit examinations of compliance with prescribed internal controls governing data processing environments.
- Coordinates audit examinations of all scope sizes.
- Develops audit programs for major data centers, supporting technologies, Local Area Networks and selected development projects that replace or significantly enhance critical applications.
- Coordinates and participates in global application/project reviews.
Impact on the Business
- Assist in developing and refining annual audit plan, scheduling audits of data centers, local area networks, service bureaus, system software, applications and systems development projects.
- Coordinate, supervise and participate in audit examinations of data processing environments.
- Participate in the audit process from planning through fieldwork and reporting; monitor and comment on compliance with prescribed internal controls, paying particular attention to technology effectiveness and management understanding. Identify relative organizational risk involved with technology and recommend risk management methods.
- Prepare audit reports or conclusions for each audit conducted or supported, ensuring reports accurately reflect audit findings documented in audit working papers.
- Ensure related risks, conclusions and recommendations are reasonable and well based.
- Maintain currency on technical changes as well as pertinent internal and regulatory requirements in the financial services industry; communicate these changes within the department and ensure audit programs are revised accordingly.
- Interact with other Group IT Audit areas to develop coordinated approaches and leverage expertise as appropriate.
- Ensure value-added audit work is completed in accordance with Group Audit Standards Manual (GASM) and Group Audit North America Instruction Manual (AUN IM) requirements.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Seek improvements in the audit process to increase productivity efficiencies without materially impacting effectiveness.
- Identify and develop methods of employing technology within established requirements that increase productivity and audit finding accuracy.
- Ensure audit issues are tracked properly.
- Assist or coordinate Global reviews of systems, applications, or projects.
- Participate in global taskforce meetings.
- Ensure compliance monitoring and internal controls are in place, including processes for management of operational risk, in accordance with Company and regulatory standards.
- Complete other related duties as assigned, including acting on behalf of higher management as required.
- Support the Companys Diversity programs.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Complete system review of major development projects, technical procedures and policies for Technology and business areas, ensuring recommendations are constructive and pragmatic and point-in-time audits are arranged at a timely and proactive manner.
- Ensure identification of business process improvements for segments audited as appropriate, to enhance operational effectiveness, customer service quality and efficient use of Company resources.
- Utilize computer-assisted audit techniques (CAATs) and exception reports to analyze and evaluate data to identify trends and facilitate risk analysis.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of seven proven and progressive information technology audit experience or minimum of ten years proven and progressive technology operations/systems development experience or equivalent, including a minimum of three years proven supervisory/managerial experience or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in business, information systems, accounting, finance, related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong supervisory, communications, analytical, problem-solving, organizational, project management and interpersonal skills.
- High level of technical proficiency in knowledge and use of major technologies employed in Company/Group computing environments.
- Broad knowledge of the Company, Group and financial services industry, businesses supported and the regulatory framework they operate in.
- Ability to apply technology or expertise to business issues or operational problems.
- Ability to travel.