Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Legal, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development, Web Technology
Head of Digital Channel|
The RBWM strategy has a stated objective to make HSBC an upper quartile / docile provider of digital services to RBWM customers. Over the next 5 years this strategy will increase the percentage of digitally active RBWM customers in excess of 500% (c.70% from current 15%).
As part of HSBC’s RBWM Digital Strategy, markets continue to build their local digital teams and capability to build world class digital products and features as well as ensure we maximize our opportunities for customer engagement through our digital channels and staff.
The Head of Digital Channel will own and be responsible for setting the local Digital as a Channel Strategy, lead the Digital Channels team and drive ongoing delivery locally. The role will be accountable and responsible for:
- Owning and delivering the NA Digital as a Channel Strategy as well as working closely with global, regional and local stakeholders
- Delivering increase digital sales across the HSBC Digital Channels
- Building a ‘best in class’ Digital Channel leadership team that will lead, encourage and drive results locally across their teams
Impact on the Business
- Accountable for setting a clear local Digital as a Channel strategy and collaborate closely with local, regional and global teams to drive implementation and operationalisation
- Responsible for driving digital sales across the Digital Channels in NA
- Build a distinctive Digital Channels team locally that will lead and deliver value across the key Digital as a Channel operating activities that span content management, digital messaging, digital optimization, digital data and digital acquisition
- Lead and drive optimization of the elements of the digital channels that span public website, SEO, Earned Social Media, media, data & technology services, Push, Email, SMS, Secure Site/App VADM slots
Customers / Stakeholders;
- Build strong relationships, adopting a joined up approach to execute change at pace with minimum conflict.
- Stakeholders include, but not limited to the following:
- Local and Regional RBWM Digital Leadership
- Local and Regional RBWM Leadership
- Local and Regional D&IM Leadership
- Global Digital Leadership
- Global, Regional and Local Marketing
- Global, Regional and Local Distribution
- Global, Regional and Local CVM and business performance
- Global Standards
Leadership & Teamwork
- Be an effective team player through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement in customer experience and functionality deployment
- Seeks opportunities to integrate, simplify and streamline activity through involvement of teams in the geographic and functional matrix.
- Works in a facilitative manner to build capability in progressing objectives, but does not lose sight of the profitability and productivity outcomes.
- Acts in a manner that transparently promotes the organization’s values and delivers in an aligned manner.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Regular review to identify key risks, issues and interdependencies. Determine and apply appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Ensure an equal and balanced focus is maintained on operating and regulatory risks and ensure the Virtual Management Team positively identifies and mitigates these in a manner that protects the Brand.
- Ensure regular and positive engagement with key support functions such as Risk, Compliance and HR to ensure alignment of policies and plans necessary to deliver a demanding transformation benefit target.
- Implementation of Global Standards, Financial Crime Compliance and Risk considerations in an aligned manner within the context of the RBWM strategy through operational practice and planned activity.
- Working under pressure, flexibility to redesign solutions in the face of ongoing change and iterative development, coordination of a diverse suite of stakeholders, optimization of resources against complex technical deployments.
- HSBC has evolved over its 140 year history and its adoption of electronic channels can be seen as important as the development of the business in emerging countries. Achieving a leading position in this aspect of Financial Services will take a number of years requiring the development of new capabilities and competencies with which the Mgmt. of the bank and the current culture is largely unfamiliar.
- Ensuring that all HSBC RBWM services offer outstanding Digital customer experience and fully deliver on the brand promise and a coherent Digital Strategy.
- Provide market-leading, compelling Digital product experiences that can leverage the global scale and distribution network. With increased connections between businesses around the world, the aim is to take HSBC from a collection of locally orientated digital experiences to one global set across RBWM.
- The journey to create sustainable cost savings and operational efficiencies is being driven by standardizing systems, processes and products on a global scale. To create savings we need to drive out waste and duplication, streamline processes and take out paper where we can. Digital channels will be a major facilitator of achieving these objectives.
- The job holder must ensure the creation of one, modern bank, by supporting the creation of one IT infrastructure, refining and removing redundant processes and automating others to ensure we deliver the best possible customer experience.
- The predominant technology historically varies market by market but a migration to a single, globally consistent GSP platform is underway. Digital products must be delivered via GSP and migration from legacy systems managed.
- The role will sit within the US Local Digital Organization. Key objectives and governance of the deliverables in this role will be agreed by the hiring manager.
- This role holder will be expected to operate largely independently in the development, deployment and management of the initiatives within their remit. Responsibilities will include direct management and oversight of a small local team whilst working closely with global, regional and local teams.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of all customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- The role dimensions annotated above (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget) will be discussed and agreed with the hiring manager as appropriate.
Typical Targets and Measures
- Digital Sales Units and growth
- Digital Sales Unit Mix and growth
- Channel specific metrics
- Delivery of transformation objectives on plan with positive stakeholder feedback
- Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Consistent, open communication between members of Group Digital and other key contacts
- A common shared plan and approach
- Outcome of navigation and integration between channels, regions and markets that delivers tangible and metric driven scorecard results
- Degree of understanding at various levels of the organization on Digital Products and application
- Internal organizational and external market awareness as regards market conditions and trends and competitor activity
- Successful execution of the plan
- Operational Losses related to channel errors
- Regrettable attrition
- Adherence to Risk, Compliance, Global Standard and FCC requirements
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Outstanding subject matter expertise of channel, including technical, commercial, market place and customer considerations.
- Strong personal links in the digital and finance industry
- Experience in both the developed and emerging markets
- Ability to lead and influence teams
- Managing operational functions, directing process reengineering and efficiency exercises.
- Keen understanding of products, services and underlying processes to fulfill.
- Strong commercial orientation, track record of balancing risks versus rewards and maximizing the cost effectiveness and profitability for the business.
- Deep and wide subject matter expertise of digital channels in banking
- Exceptional ability to lead diverse teams across different functions.
- Strong people leadership and team work skills
- Ability to gather and analyse information, judgment and decision making, communication competencies.
- An understanding of and respect for different cultures, working with colleagues from different countries within a region