Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Insurance, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Retail Business Banking Relationship Manager|
Through Retail Business Banking (RBB) our global network offers comprehensive support and services to businesses in the SME market. From expanding overseas to managing the cash and trade flows of an established enterprise, the Retail Business Banking team of Relationship Managers and Product Specialists provides a range of end-to- end solutions designed to help small businesses reach their potential.
The Retail Business Banking (RBB) Relationship Manager (RM) manages customers within the Business Banking segment, providing dedicated relationship management with accountability for sales, service, risk and operational delivery. The Relationship Management coverage is primarily through face-to-face and Direct channels (e.g. Telephone, Email, Video Conference). This role may require credit risk assessment.
Impact on the Business
- Act as a Relationship Manager by offering value-added advice to customers and placing their needs at the forefront of our activity, setting world class standards
- Grow sustainable revenues from existing relationships and through acquisition of new customers in line with the Bank's risk appetite and policies
- Proactively develop effective strategies to manage both existing and new relationships, by anticipating customer needs and providing a superior service and products
- Deliver appropriate products and services in response to customer needs
- Build a network of business introducers in the local professional and business community
- Uphold credit policy and lending guidelines whilst maintaining a balanced approach to risk management
- Keep up-to-date on knowledge of HSBC’s international and domestic strategy, capabilities and policies, and of external factors influencing international and domestic business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements
- Work collaboratively with product areas such as Payments and Cash Management (PCM), Trade and Insurance, and other Group partners to assess needs of international and domestic customers and offer solutions that meet their needs
- Generate quality assets through the use of appropriate risk management tools, priced appropriately for risk and in line with customer needs
- Protect the bank’s assets and reputation by performing due diligence on the customers and their businesses, monitoring for suspicious activity/transactions and taking appropriate action as per the operating policies
Customers / Stakeholders
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC Group to improve connectivity, deliver exceptional standards and quality of service across all interactions with (prospective) customer or other professionals
- Ensure fairness in all aspects of strategy, product design and delivery, sales processes, customer literature and correspondence, financial promotions, administration and complaint handling
- Work with Product partners and assist in the delivery of solutions, services and products that are appropriate to meet customer needs and improve customer engagement
- Be an ambassador for HSBC and develop the bank’s profile in the local community, by participating in internal and external business events, road shows and seminars as required by the business
- Take prompt and appropriate action to address customer complaints at the first point of contact
- Ensure early identification of problems and take appropriate action to protect customers and HSBC's interests
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Build a strong relationship with the Risk Management teams in order to achieve a sustainable asset growth
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behavior, actions and decision making
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviors that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in financial services managing commercial relationships.
- Integrate and exhibit broad knowledge of HSBC’s Group capabilities and Retail Business Banking’s proposition and product capabilities.
- Good understanding of the local and international ‘Commercial’ environment by way of staying current with a broad range of industries and businesses.
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through a broad range of products and services.
- Ability to differentiate from the competition through the delivery of a responsive and proactive relationship management service approach.
- Engage with clients at a strategic and transactional level.
- Proven analytical ability, with experience in credit within the Business Banking sector.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with customers, colleagues and key stakeholders.
- Established record in delivery of customized/flexible solutions appropriate to customer needs.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative self-starter with minimal direct supervision while working well within a team environment and adhering to HSBC standards.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment managing work flow across different lines of businesses/departments
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)