Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||San Francisco, CA
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Senior Corporate Banking Manager II|
International Subsidiary Banking (“ISB”) provides banking coverage to the subsidiaries of Commercial Banking (CMB) clients within the Corporate segment. The ISB strategy is to provide consistent, in-depth and dedicated coverage across the HSBC network with the end goal to deepen our relationship with our clients. The ISB business is a significant contributor of revenue to CMB and consists of a network of dedicated bankers across more than 50 countries managing over 35,000 subsidiary client relationships.
Operating in the world’s largest economy, ISB in the United States plays a critical role in the firm’s client coverage proposition. The team is acutely focused on client acquisition, delivering sustainable solutions, and maintaining the highest level of global standards.
The role holder will drive inbound client revenue, pipeline, and manage the most complex subsidiary relationships from around the globe particularly AsiaPac.
Impact on the Business
- Grow US CMB inbound revenues from HSBC global corporate clients through coordination with client coverage teams and product partners.
- Oversee client coverage of subsidiary clients across Southern California, including driving client calling activity, transaction origination and execution.
- Network with and promote HSBC to the inbound business community, raising the profile for awareness of HSBC. Procure appropriate business introductions, client feedback, and competitor intelligence to drive country corridors.
- Deepen client relationships through driving business co-operation with key stakeholders in assigned area including Global Banking & Markets, Trade & RF, Treasury Services, Private Banking, and Retail Banking to maximize market share and customer wallet and get involved in deal structuring for our largest deals.
- Contribute to effective utilization of the area/country balance sheet through monitoring risk-weighted assets (RWA) and deployment of appropriate risk management tools to price appropriately for risk and to selectively acquire assets and monitor impairment charges and leading loss indicators
Customers / Stakeholders
- Drive implementation of plan to ensure the team is effectively deployed to directly solicit, cross-sell, and service qualified Corporate Banking customers.
- Strive for best in class customer experience by cultivating a professional sales and management culture.
- Drive implementation of metrics and ensure effective tracking of HSBC’s competitor offerings and performance v HSBC.
- Drive development of a strong understanding of customer need by focusing on customer experience by implementing Group-aligned marketing initiatives that create strong brand awareness to deliver targeted customer propositions built around core products and channels.
- Understand current economic trends and its impact on HSBC within assigned country and identify key levers to capitalize on opportunities or minimize downside exposure.
- Drive the increase of the cross-selling of Trade & RF, PCM, GBM products to deepen customer relationships and diversify Corporate Banking’s revenue stream.
- Drive implementation of a channel strategy and suite of products appropriate for assigned country to improve customer experience, reduce cost-to-serve, and maintain competitiveness.
- Builds networks and relationships within market, establishing stable client relationships.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Cascade Corporate strategy and operational goals
- Lead, motivate and inspire the team to achieve the Group strategy and business objectives
- Be ultimately responsible for the performance management of your team, using relevant performance management tools, ensuring timely action is taken to improve underperformance
- Share knowledge, experience and best practices within and outside of immediate team
- Ensure development activities are a core priority and enable all team members to take reasonable time for learning and developmental activities.
- Ensure the team is resourced to headcount plan, sufficient to meet the demands and opportunities of the business.
- Develop appropriate retention strategies within the team’s cost plan.
- Manage succession for key roles using internal and selective hires where appropriate.
- Live the HSBC Group Values.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
Qualifications & Requirements
- Supports and embeds change initiatives in daily operations.
- Observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
- Contribute to fostering a compliance culture and observe Group Compliance Policy.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned area and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with Section 4 of the Group Operations FIM.
- Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy. Be vigilant in driving staff behavior in an aligned fashion, holding them accountable for any violation of policy.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Ability to build relationships with clients at all levels within the company
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Superior time management, planning and organization skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, related field, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of local banking landscape in the US and Asia/Pacific
- Wide professional network within the business community
- Los Angeles Location strongly preferred