Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Legal, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
GTRF Transaction Services Manager|
HSBC is the largest trade and receivable finance organisation in the world, offering a comprehensive range of forward-thinking open account supply chain and traditional trade solutions. The bank has been recognised by the industry’s most prominent publications and associations for its strength in combining innovation and service excellence with end-to-end customer solutions. HSBC GTRF serves as a core service provider for Commercial (CMB) and Global Banking (GBM) customers.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Drive adoption of global initiatives and practices within a GTRF Client Services team that enable globally consistent, yet locally competitive, segmented service experience for clients and the clients’ customers
- Work with GTRF Services Managers across sites to deliver globally connected service experience that is aligned with the GTRF Services target operating model
- Manage a Client Services team in the development and execution of a high quality client-centric service culture that delivers superior post-sales support
- Manage a Client Services team within the operating budgets for the country and track performance of team against Performance Scorecards and Dashboards
- Ensure strategic alignment with Global and Country imperatives
- Manage a team to drive the consistent implementation and execution of client services global and local best practices
Customers / Stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Providing support and guidance to the Department/Region on areas of improvement/concern with regard to FCC, Regulatory and BQAP controls
- Act as a Services champion to ensure that key objectives are prioritised appropriately within CMB & GBM
- Establish metrics and ensure effective tracking of HSBC’s competitor offerings and performance in comparison to HSBC
- Ensure positive client experiences through support, trade advice and best practices in relation to GTRF transactions
- Ensure that GTRF Services is responsive to the requirements and expectations of the Global Businesses
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of GTRF management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of GTRF policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Operation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
University degree (bachelors) or equivalent qualification.
- At least 5 years experience or equivalent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to set, organize and meet priorities.
- Ability to perform in a multi-faceted role requiring a high caliber of numerical and initiative.
Excellent knowledge of banking practices and products.
Experience in commercial or standby letters of credit, trade services, trade finance, UCP600, ISP98 is preferred
Certified Documentary Credit Specialist (CDCS) is preferred