Senior Digital Insights & Analytics|
The purpose of this role is to lead and own performance measurement, analysis and reporting, including identification of optimization opportunities, in order to support and develop Global Digital commercialization activities.
Accountable for leading a team of Lead Digital Performance Specialists and Digital Performance Analysts in defining, measuring and reporting Digital Sales and Servicing Metrics to identify opportunities to drive future development of the digital channels and creation of multi-million dollar revenue growth.
The role holder will lead the team to provide Performance Analysis support globally and to the markets as required, to underpin achievement of the of Global digital commercialization objectives.
As a key member of the DCoE leadership team the role holder will help shape and drive the DCoE operating model and provide direction towards meeting the Group Digital strategy.
Impact on the Business
- Lead a team of 9 Specialists and Analysts (GCB5 and GCB6) to provide digital channel performance analysis, digital analytics expertise, tagging support and performance reporting dashboards to deliver standardized ‘best in Group’ reporting capability.
- Create analytical insight to drive multi-million dollar revenue growth.
- Lead team to undertake analysis of performance dashboards and reports, identifying areas of improvement and recommending solutions to be implemented locally/globally to maximize business growth.
- Lead and own validation of team deliverables (recommendations, opportunity analysis, reporting).
- As Subject Matter Expert provide support, knowledge and metrics expertise to in country teams and promote best practice.
- Understand Global, Regional and Local digital strategy and business priorities, in order to ensure analysis activity, recommendations and identified opportunities support this.
- Develop partnerships with internal stakeholders (and where applicable external stakeholders such as Web trends) to ensure that identified opportunities can be efficiently scoped, deployed and measured.
- Lead benchmarking activities, both internal (country comparisons, sharing best in class) and external (eBenchmarkers / Finalta – data collation and analysis of output)
Directly support the Global Head of Digital Commercialization by:
- Working closely with the in country Digital and Marketing teams along with Global Commercialization leads to understand local RBWM objectives and align team activity to support this.
- Working collaboratively at the highest level with stakeholders including Group Digital, SWD, BI, CVM and Analytics CoE to standardize reporting and optimize channel performance.
- Developing close working relations internally, supporting VAM, Optimization and Analysis to facilitate a culture of data metrics driven strategy within the Digital CoE
- Ensuring alignment of optimized Digital opportunities, considering reuse and driving best practice.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead, coach and develop effective team with capability to undertake complex metrics analysis and reporting, through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Work effectively with DCOE Leadership Team and Group Digital Team.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) across all areas of responsibility.
- Own and facilitate sharing of best practice and optimization/commercialization opportunities across the region.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Create and manage a governance process to support metrics reporting development and recommendation moving towards global alignment where possible.
- Identifying key risks, issues and interdependencies and providing appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Supporting audit / independent program assessments as required.
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with Company and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events.
HSBC has evolved over its 140 year history and its adoption of electronic channels can be seen as important as the development of the business in China. Achieving a leading position in this aspect of Financial Services will take a number of years requiring the development of new capabilities and competencies with which the management of the bank and the current culture is largely unfamiliar.
The role holders challenge will be to:
- Ensure that all HSBC Digital services offer standout customer experience and fully deliver on our brand promise.
- Provision of common global campaigns while recognizing that local regulations and customs will require the service to be tailored. Even where local regulation and customs tailor the service accordingly, the service quality HSBC offers will be to the same standard across the world.
- Provide market-leading, compelling products and propositions that can leverage our global scale and distribution network. With increased connections between our businesses around the world. The aim is to take us from a collection of locally orientated propositions to one global set. These are delivered locally, according to globally defined standards, but with a local flavor, to enable us to compete and lead in the markets we choose to be in.
- The journey to create sustainable cost savings and operational efficiencies is being driven by standardizing systems, processes and products on a global scale. To create savings we need to drive out waste and duplication, streamline processes and take out paper where we can. Digital channels will be a major facilitator of achieving these objectives.
- The job holder must ensure the creation of one, modern bank, by supporting the creation of one IT infrastructure, refining and removing redundant processes and automating others to ensure we deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Development of a common business model that each country adopts, so that we move from a group of local businesses operating differently to regions operating off one model, where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- The predominant technology varies market by market and the approaches developed needs to cater for this while trying to be as globally consistent as possible.
- Lead Performance Analysis activity to support the region in optimizing digital channel performance against sales and service KPIs.
- As the DCOE model evolves globally, governance structures will need to be established to ensure the adoption of best performance analysis / commercialization practices across this community.
- The role holder is responsible for the quality of performance analysis across sales and servicing for all Digital channels; desktop, mobile and tablet.
- There will be a need to support and engage with cross-functional and market teams, providing metrics solutions and reporting, in order to drive optimization and commercialization opportunities - largely through use of web trends and BI reporting.
- The international nature of the COE will necessitate schedule flexibility to allow for daily/weekly interaction with COE team members and project teams from all regions via video and voice conference.
- Primary interactions will be with three broad groups: (a) Within the COE Team itself (b) In country Digital teams (c) Global Digital team.
Management of Risk
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
Support achievement of Global digital objectives:
- Commercialisation: 12% Revenue growth, 20% Leads growth, 14% Increase in transactions servicing
- Business & Technology platform: metrics support for GSP, GPWS and VAM
- Product Mgmt Pipeline: Integrated Wealth/Insurance, Streamlining & Sales journey requirements / End to end digital journey alignment from Marketing to Service Delivery
- Ways of Working, Strategy and Governance.
Peer with in country and global Digital teams, along with senior stakeholders in Analytics and HTS
Budget responsibility for team travel, training and incentives of c. £50k, along with responsibility for ensuring that any team recruitment is undertaken in line with DCOE headcount/budget plans.
The jobholder will interact with multiple RBWM Digital teams in order to ensure the most rapid and efficient delivery of MI and insight to businesses that are consuming this.
Provide digital performance and analysis where commissioned to priority markets in the Americas
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Graduate degree preferred
- People experience in customer focused organizations, in disciplines such as Digital, HTS or Analytics, with leadership skills - motivating and inspiring others to excel.
- Experience of leading a multi-entity analysis and reporting function.
- Excellent analytical skills with proven ability to understand complex data, identify key trends and opportunities, putting forward hypotheses to be tested and delivering recommendations.
- Working knowledge of WebTrends (or relatable) MI and analysis tools. Full standard range of MS Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Subject Matter Expertise of Digital channels, including technical, commercial, market place and customer considerations.
- Strong Commercial focus, ability to balance risks vs. rewards and maximize the cost effectiveness and profitability for the business.
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities.
- Pragmatic decision making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments based on data and understand the implications.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues.
- Innovative – the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals.
- To have a clear high level view and understanding of the Multi-Channel and Digital strategies and regional sales and servicing plans.
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all 5 regions (North America, LATAM, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Europe).
- High levels of resilience and self-motivation.