Senior Manager Card Acquisition|
Responsible for multiple aspects of credit card and unsecured lending new accounts acquisition strategies including segmentation, targeting, traditional/new channels, implementation, sales integration and measurement of campaigns effectiveness.
Impact on the Business
Focus on one or more aspects of the following as assigned by Head of Card Acquisitions:
- Develop targeting and segmentation strategies for new account acquisition.
- Develop Product personas to help targeting, messaging and advertising.
- Propose acquisition offers designed to attract new accounts at the segment level for credit card, unsecured lending products, services, and payment capabilities.
- Understand consumer needs at the segment level, define business opportunity and develop creative briefs to share with internal stakeholders.
- Contribute in the introduction of new account acquisition capabilities enhancements to improve customer experience, and drive product profitability.
- Develop resting and sequencing strategies for all new accounts.
- Develop Cross-Sell strategies including: segmentation, targeting, offer, delivery channel and measure results.
- Design and Develop test and learn plans, infrastructure, delivery channel, measure results and make recommendations to senior management.
- Design a simple application journey that delivers a strong client experience in every channel.
- Deliver acquisition elements of the P&L against plan.
- Deliver campaign profitability and new accounts KPIs that contribute to the P&L growth plan.
- Understand offer economics and key drivers.
- Manage activities related to communication, processing, and enhancements relating to offer delivery.
- Work with Business Performance to meet cards regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Contribute to control and oversight of overall acquisition budget.
- Work with the Cards Analytics team to implement campaign management structure and reporting.
- Monitoring and researching external conditions including markets, competitor and market share analysis, demographics and regulations to ensure products, programs, and services meet segment needs.
- Monitor and report on market place account acquisition offers, pricing, positioning and best practices
- Manage research activities to identify new and relevant acquisition offer design and delivery channels.
- Optimize current product offerings and manage CPA. Increase response rate and spend activation while managing expenses.
Third party providers
- Support management of the relationship with Card processors, card networks, and fulfillment vendors.
Customers & Stakeholders
- Head-office RBWM leadership team.
- US Card and Unsecured Lending product management, marketing, customer value management teams.
- Customer care, business services, digital, and technology teams.
- Business Risk Compliance Management, Regulatory Compliance and legal teams.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead and partner with a wide group of stakeholders to execute initiatives.
- Effectively communicate across a range of management levels with heavy interactions with head-office leadership team.
- Proactively identify business opportunities and share insights.
- Cultivate and promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure clear and concise communication with pertinent cross-functional stakeholders. Articulate strategy and approach, track outstanding items, ensuring resolution of outstanding items.
- Lead ongoing acquisition offer developments and offer fit analysis. Interface with appropriate business managers to implement new accounts campaigns.
- Provide broad management oversight, leadership and problem resolution across a range of support functions including but not limited to operations, systems, finance, sales and customer service.
- Work with third party processor to implement offer strategies.
- Accountable for managing and achieving growth objectives for the segment as defined in annual plan.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum seven years of proven and progressive product management and accounts acquisition experience, including a minimum of two years proven financial services industry-specific experience, management consulting experience, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business-related field or equivalent required. Master’s degree in business preferred.
- Strong knowledge of direct mail, digital channels, products and services as well as best practices in the financial services industry.
- Strong planning, analytical, communications, decision-making, lateral thinking, influencing, interpersonal and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and respond positively to change, demonstrate flexibly when addressing shifting or competing priorities.
- Developed managerial capabilities as demonstrated by project leadership skills; breadth of strategic thinking; business acumen.
- Able to share responsibility for key decision making with a team, while taking ownership to drive internal decision-making processes.
- Effectively influence and communicate across various business lines and units at senior levels within the organization.