||New York, NY
|| Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Real Estate, Executive Management, Franchising, Research & Development
Provide advisory services in an efficient and effective manner thereby enhancing client relationships and delivering revenue, focused on Infrastructure and real estate sectors.
Work with coverage partners to ensure strategic and business objectives are achieved, in particular with reference to advisory, ‘event-driven’ or major ‘significant flow’ client activities in sector/country, originating value added business.
Where management responsibility is assigned, lead and manage advisory teams to optimize results in executing the global banking strategy.
Impact on the Business:
- Assist in origination of Advisory business and other activities across the spectrum of HSBC products and services.
- Develop “Trusted Advisor” relationships at senior strategic decision maker level.
- Build the Global Banking franchise value/reputation in the market place.
- Manage the development of the Regional (Americas) advisory business strategy as required; drive achievement against targets for revenue generation.
- Take a responsible attitude to cost containment.
- Establish and maintain networks for co-operation with other HSBC businesses, to support the creation of solutions to customer needs that span geographical/product boundaries and regulatory environments.
- Drive the implementation of major change initiatives within Global Banking.
- Aggressively grow HSBC’s share of client wallet alongside Coverage Partners.
- Undertake all required activities as directed by line manager or as agreed in annual objectives in support of the furtherment of the Global Banking business.
Customer – Stakeholders:
- Reporting to Head of IRG
- Overall responsibility for M&A advisory activity for all Priority and Core clients
- Key partners to the heads of respective Sector / Sub-Sector Heads and other members of Sector Mancom
- Working in co-operation with respective GBM product Heads and relevant GB country heads
Leadership & Teamwork:
- Develop and communicate a clear vision for the Country Advisory Coverage team that is aligned to the overall HSBC vision, Values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer-centered culture.
- Lead, develop and motivate the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives.
- Set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop leaders and others to ensure that they maximize their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience.
- Lead and encourage constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and taking prompt action to address any activities and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Lead the continuing development, implementation and improvement of the processes, structures, capabilities, capacity and infrastructure needed to deliver agreed plans and targets, collaborating with colleagues to maximize end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establish and maintain a robust and efficient control environment across Banking to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of a global relevant management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels.
- Lead the implementation and oversight of Banking policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
Skills and Experience required:
- A generalist Investment Banking/Corporate Finance background with track record in winning and executing advisory services
- Experience of financial modelling, valuation, and execution
- Experience of managing ‘event-driven’ transactions
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional academic credentials
- Licensing (FINRA) – Series 7, 63, and 79 required. 120 day contingency period to obtain licenses may be offered, strictly at the manager’s discretion.