Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Legal, Real Estate, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Senior CRE Manager Corporate Banking I|
The role of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) through its dedicated teams is to offer CMB’s CRE customers a wide and comprehensive range of funding solutions in conjunction with other product partners to both international and domestic investors and developers in all areas of the commercial and residential sectors.
The Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Relationship Manager manages a portfolio of Commercial Real Estate clients, with accountability for sales, service, risk and operational delivery.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Develop effective strategies to manage customer relationships, anticipate customer needs and provide a superior quality service to position HSBC as the market leader in this segment
- Broaden and deepen relationships with existing clients and win new clients in line with the Real Estate strategy with due regard for Balance Sheet, Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) and returns on Risk Weighted Assets (RoRWA) thereby contributing effectively to the Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Liaise and work with other areas and segments of the bank to ensure the best possible experience and outcomes for clients, employees and the Bank
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer information on bank systems, including HORIS, Client Vision, RERT and other systems as required
- Structure credit facilities to ensure optimum balance between customer and HSBC interests while remaining within the bounds of prudent banking
- Monitor the client portfolio regularly to ensure that the return is commensurate with the risk profile of the client. Take timely and proactive corrective action to mitigate potential losses
- Be actively involved in the professional community by regular meetings with intermediaries and professionals in line with the Real Estate Banking Centre external profile plan
- Maintain satisfactory reports with regard to the business processes & controls from Internal and External Audit & UK Regulators and Real Estate Governance and risk reviews
- Ensure the consistent application of Group policy and adherence to regulatory, financial, and legal standards to minimise business and reputational risks
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure a quality service for all customers, ensuring professionalism at all times, for all aspects of any customer, prospect or professional’s interaction with HSBC implementing a process for continuous improvement and first class client engagement
- Optimise the potential value of client relationships by delivering solutions, products and service appropriate to client needs by assisting customers in utilising the knowledge and capability of the HSBC Group network and by working closely and professionally with other HSBC countries and product groups and positioning CMB Real Estate with executives and representatives of other HSBC Group offices
- Prepare detailed client plans, where applicable with product partners, annually for all customers in the CRE segment recording objectives, plans and other relevant information within Client Vision which should include detailed Client Profiling, Revenues and client centric Critical Account Objectives (CAOs)
- Responsible for managing own deal flow, whilst ensuring operational integrity
- Ensure early identification of problem relationships and take action where there are potential and existing problem accounts to protect HSBC interests
- Proactive and frequent involvement in the external market place, acting as a senior ambassador for HSBC including negotiations with professionals, sponsors, clients and prospective clients and develop the bank’s profile in the local community
- Ensure the Banks complaints handling process is sensitively adapted at all times
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of customer management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of Real Estate and Group policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
- This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years experience in managing commercial real estate relationships
- General knowledge of GTRF, PCM, GB&M, RBWM, and GPB products and capabilities.
- Good commercial real estate lending transactions and risk assessment
- Strong practical understanding of complex financial analysis in relation to commercial real estate lending, and cash flows
- In depth knowledge of complex credit structures, cashflow analysis, setting ratios and covenants
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong change focus and ability to manage change
- Good credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions
- Bachelors Degree in Finance/Professional accounting qualification
- Ability to understand a customers business and the fundamentals of running a business
- Ability to build personal relationships with current and potential clients
- Knowledge of CMB policies and procedures as per CMB FIM.
- Wide personal connections and contacts in the market
University Librarian (A17)
with Azusa Pacific University in Azusa, CA.
Empower New York students to succeed as an AmeriCorps member
with Reading Partners in New York, NY.
Empower community volunteers as an AmeriCorps member in New York City
with Reading Partners in New York, NY.
Communications & Marketing Director with Conservation Organization (Any Intermountain West State)
with Western Resource Advocates in Any Intermountain West State (AZ, CO, MT, NM, NV, , US.
with Glynn County Board of Commissioners in Brunswick, GA.
|>> more | add|