Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Edwardsville, IL United States
|| Computers, Software, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Instructor - Instructional Designer (ID)|
Under general supervision of the Associate Director for Online and Blended Education, the Instructor –ID consults with School of Nursing faculty members on instructional design projects, especially developing and enhancing online, hybrid, and online supported courses, and learning activities for all nursing programs. Additionally, the Instructor reports indirectly to the School of Nursing Assistant Dean’s for activities focused on teaching faculty, staff, and students. Duties of the Instructor –ID include, but are not limited to:
-Guide faculty members and supports students for use of learning management systems (LMS) and related learning technologies.
-Educate faculty and students on how to use technology to its fullest potential for teaching- learning activities and delivers student classroom sessions.
-Provide course-related support for faculty/students in the School of Nursing's RN to BS program; including instruction on how to use presentation software for capstone projects.
-Responsible for the design, maintenance, and periodic review of course templates for the RN to BS program and other online programs.
-Assist in designing, coordinating, and delivering faculty, staff, and student training workshops and programs within the School of Nursing, collaborating with faculty and -Instructional Designer’s to research and implement instructional design and educational technology best practices.
-Instruct faculty members on pedagogical applications, and consult with faculty members on uses to support curriculum.
-Represent Information Technology Service (ITS), the School of Nursing, and SIUE in regional, state, and national conferences and organizations.
-Collaborate with faculty members and administrators to develop policies for integration of technology and best practices for nursing courses and programs, establish evaluation metrics, and implement continuous improvement.
-Consult to ensure all online/hybrid and technology enhanced courses meet all applicable standards and regulations.
The Instructor-ID will also serve on assigned Faculty Council Standing Committees.
Terms of Appointment
Full-time, 12-month term beginning July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018 with possibility of renewal.
Source of Funds
Submit a letter of application, resume, transcripts (including those for SIUE), and references to:
Associate Director of Online and Blended Education
SIUE Academic Computing
Campus Box 1252
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1252
For optimal consideration in a first pool of applicants, all application materials must be received by June 28, 2017. A second pool of applicants may be reviewed after this date if the position is not filled from the first pool of applicants. The position will remain open until the position is filled.
Qualifications & Requirements
1. Master’s degree in Instructional Design or related field.
2. 1-3 years of experience with instructional design and online/hybrid learning strategies and implementation, preferably in higher education.*
3. 1-3 years of experience with academic technologies and their application.*
4. 1-3 years of experience supporting learning management systems, preferably Blackboard.*
5. 1-3 years of experience in training, preferably in higher education.*
6. 1-3 years of professional experience using WIN and MAC OSs and Microsoft Office products.*
7. Must be able to handle numerous projects concurrently and meet appropriate deadlines.
8. Experience in collaborative atmosphere, excellent brainstorming capabilities, detail-oriented, and the ability to accept constructive criticism.
9. Must be self-motivated and flexible in accepting duties and instruction.
10. Experience with Internet browsers, web page design concepts, multimedia design skills, digital video and audio, and other relevant technology.
11. Ability to learn complex new technologies quickly and independently.
12. Ability to explain complex ideas and technologies to non-technical people in a clear and understandable manner.
13. Must be able to communicate effectively in a variety of settings with people with a wide range of knowledge, skills, and experience.
14. Must have excellent time management skills.
*Years of experience may be concurrent.
|Contact Name:||Jennifer Oates-Blair|
SIUE is a nationally recognized university that provides students with a high-quality, affordable education that prepares them for successful careers and lives of purpose. Built on the foundation of a broad-based liberal education, and enhanced by hands-on research and real-world experiences, the academic preparation SIUE students receive equips them to thrive in the global marketplace and make our communities better places to live.
SIUE awards degrees in undergraduate and graduate programs encompassing the arts, sciences, nursing, education, health, human behavior, business and engineering. The Schools of Dental Medicine and Pharmacy award first-professional doctoral degrees in dental medicine (DMD) and pharmacy (PharmD).
SIUE is an NCAA Division I member of the Ohio Valley Conference, as well as the Missouri Valley Conference in men’s soccer and the Southern Conference in wrestling. The Edwardsville campus is supplemented by campuses in Alton and East St. Louis.
Please visit our employer showcase!