Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Transportation, Executive Management, Energy / Utilities
Please apply for this position online OR submit a resume to Laura Avila at Lavila@kippaustin.org.
SE HABLA ESPANOL.
POSITION OVERVIEW: KIPP Austin is seeking a Maintenance Worker to execute preventive maintenance, repairs and work orders at its South Campus location (5207 I-35 South, Austin, TX 78744). The Maintenance Worker will work with the Campus Manager of Facilities and Custodial Services to ensure that KIPP Austin students have access to safe facilities to provide an environment supportive of learning and growth. The Maintenance Worker will carry out daily work orders as assigned by the Campus Manager of Facilities and Custodial Services to high standards of quality.
- Minimum 5 years’ facilities maintenance related experience preferred
- Knowledge of building systems and the maintenance and repair thereof;
- Expertise in or technical knowledge of HVAC, electrical and/or plumbing systems highly preferred
- Skill in maintaining positive relations with others
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Verbal communication and interpersonal skills required to work with a broad group of stakeholders with different interests and needs
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook and facilities management software preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Reliable transportation
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Austin’s mission, students, families, and community
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
- Execution of work orders for on-time completion and to high standards of quality
- Communicate with schools to coordinate the scheduling of assigned work orders
- Daily adherence to system standards and ensuring all facilities areas and equipment are maintained
- On call response during hours of operation
- Execution of Preventive Maintenance schedule for all building systems
- General groundskeeping
ABOUT KIPP AUSTIN PUBLIC SCHOOLS: KIPP Austin is a network of free, public, open enrollment schools for low‐income and historically underserved students in Austin, Texas. In 2016 we expanded our network to include ten schools serving students from Kindergarten through twelfth grade, serving over 5,000 students. When fully enrolled, KIPP Austin will more than double the number of college-ready low-income, minority students in Austin. KIPP Austin Public Schools is part of the national network of charter schools, KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program (www.kipp.org).
OUR MISSION: KIPP Austin Public Schools believes that every child, regardless of economic background has the right to an exemplary education. We will empower our students to thrive in and graduate from college, choose their paths, and positively impact their communities.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|