Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||San Antonio, TX
|| Administrative and Support Services, Customer Service and Call Center, Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Law Enforcement, and Security, Transportation, Research & Development, Environmental
Bilingual School Receptionist
KIPP San Antonio School Receptionist
KIPP San Antonio is a growing network of free, college-preparatory public charter schools that prepare students for success in college and in life. Outstanding educators, more time in school, a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students make significant academic gains. For more than 10 years, KIPP San Antonio has been redefining what is possible in public education.
KIPP San Antonio currently serves more than 2,400 students across six schools:
KIPP San Antonio is part of the national KIPP network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools with a track record of preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are currently 183 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving nearly 70,000 students.
- KIPP Aspire Academy, founded in 2003;
- KIPP University Prep High School, founded in 2009;
- KIPP Camino Academy, founded in 2010 ;
- KIPP Un Mundo Dual Language Academy founded in 2012;
- KIPP Esperanza Dual Language Academy founded in 2014; and
- KIPP Poder Academy founded in 2015.
Front Office Management, Maintenance & Engagement
Day to Day Expectations
- Greets every guest and caller warmly, providing information and assistance as needed.
- Directs phone callers and guests properly.
- Gives routine information to individuals with inquiries about the school.
- Screen visitors and parents using a background check scanner system.
- Receives and distributes all mail, packages and other correspondents to their respective locations.
- Organizes, secures, and maintains reception area.
- Instructs and assists staff in using office machines.
- Works happily with children, young adults, and parents of all backgrounds.
- Opening and closing the office and conference rooms, ensuring they are stocked with supplies, and prepared each day.
- Review Calendar requested for conference room usage on campus. Approve or decline based on campus guidelines, and reassignment as needed. Print daily calendar for each conference room and place on doors.
- Process payment request forms for front office expenses.
- Manage the Negative Balances process to send invoices and collect past due balances from families for school lunches
- Performs routine office tasks such as filing, photocopying, faxing, etc., ensuring confidentiality and security of office space, student files, and all information pertaining to students, parents, and staff in accordance with KIPP guidelines.
- Receives payment for varying school items, services, fees, and fundraising from staff, families, and the student body; accurately maintain the cash receipt logs and weekly submittal to Finance.
- Stays abreast of upcoming events and activities.
- Creates and edits correspondences, newsletters, memos, etc., as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships, and effectively communicates with staff, families, student body, and community at large based on trust and respect.
- Organizes workload and prioritizes demands to meet deadlines.
- Assist students with routine medical needs as necessary; performs routine first aid as needed.
- Manage daily execution of student transportation change requests and report out to all required parties.
- Routinely monitors office copy machines, serves as point of contact for service of machines, ordering paper, etc.
- Routinely assesses supply needs, and assists ASLO in purchases for front office and teacher tank.
- Orients substitutes to roles and responsibilities, unlocks classrooms for substitutes when a teacher is absent.
- Serves as intermediary to custodial team for daily classroom needs (spills, cleanups, etc.)
- Handle Verification of Enrollment Requests
- Learns, embraces, and adopts KIPP cultural practices into professional practice through observation and study of school-wide culture.
- Embraces feedback and constructive criticism in the spirit of constant improvement.
- Actively participates in professional development opportunities.
- Works professionally and proactively with all members of the school team, Shared Services Team, and especially with the school’s leadership team.
- Takes on additional roles and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of reception experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; proficiency in English and Spanish is required.
- Proficient typist, experienced in MS Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Secretarial experience recommended; job-related experience preferred.
- Ability to attain CPR and First Aid Certification as required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask in a high-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop productive working relationships.
- Emotional constancy and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Passionate commitment to KIPP San Antonio’s mission and to high standards of excellence
- Team player willing to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written in English and Spanish), interpret policy and procedures, maintain emotional constancy under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling, some heavy lifting. Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.
Starting pay range is $12-$14 per hour. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
- Please go to www.kippsa.org and click on the Join the Team tab.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
Empower New York students to succeed as an AmeriCorps member
with Reading Partners in New York, NY.
Empower community volunteers as an AmeriCorps member in New York City
with Reading Partners in New York, NY.
Communications & Marketing Director with Conservation Organization (Any Intermountain West State)
with Western Resource Advocates in Any Intermountain West State (AZ, CO, MT, NM, NV, , US.
with Glynn County Board of Commissioners in Brunswick, GA.
Senior Digital Marketing Manager
with Doctors Without Borders in Manhattan, New York, NY.
|>> more | add|