Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Restaurant and Food Service, Executive Management, Energy / Utilities
Food Services: Cook
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Cook, reporting directly to the Cook Supervisor, works as part of the KIPP Austin Public School Kitchen Team to prepare and serve breakfast, lunch and a snack for up to 5000 students and teachers. This position has a firm understanding of nutrition, of nutritious ways to prepare food to maximize its capabilities, and to support the districts Wellness Program. This position will abide by the strictest standards of physical and food safety, freshness and sanitation.
This position is available at our North Campus: 8004 Cameron Road, Austin, TX 78754
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Cook Supervisor and Executive Sous Chef with all kitchen functions.
- Carefully prep and prepare products according to recipes.
- Guide completion of daily prep lists and job assignments.
- Diligently work with his/her specific tasks and offer help to others when needed.
- Maintain orderly and clean work areas.
- Prep, prepare, and serve food in an attractive manner.
- Keep all coolers and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Follow established food safety, cleaning and maintenance procedures.
- Maintain assigned workstation in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Comply with all safety measures and regulations throughout the kitchen and report any injuries or unsafe conditions in the work place to supervisor.
- Control and document product waste and spoilage.
- Understand the regulations and philosophies of the Texas Child Nutrition Program (CNP) and the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
- Report safety violations and hazards immediately.
- Communicate with Kitchen Team regarding all department operations.
- Know product availability, preparation, storage and nutritional aspects.
- Keep the Head Cook and Executive Chef informed of all events that affect the kitchen.
- Accept and process product from Clerk/Food Safety Manager.
- Ensure the quality, taste and presentation of all prepared items.
- Maintain high productivity levels.
- Regular attendance is essential.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary department.
- Perform duties as required at special meal functions.
- Ability to read a thermometer and record temperatures daily.
- Knowledge of commercial kitchen and equipment.
- Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene and comply with department dress code.
- Support all efforts to recycle and compost.
- Assist in any area of production or service as needed.
- Fundamental understanding of sanitation and cleanliness.
- Requires moderate physical effort. Standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling, pushing, lifting of weights up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with brigade.
- Must be self-motivated and able to problem solve effectively.
- Food Handler’s card required
- A minimum of one-year experience in a high volume food service establishment.
- Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, resourceful, and willing to do whatever it takes to feed healthy food to our students.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, is proactive and flexible, and is willing and able to play different roles in the kitchen in order to meet the varied and constant needs of the students at KIPP Austin.
- Model positive and healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized, consistent and understanding.
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Austin mission and KIPP Austin community.
All KIPP Austin staff members will demonstrate the following:
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Austin’s mission, students, families, and community
- A clear, authentic and transparent sense of your strengths and areas of growth as a professional; an ability to easily adjust tone
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
- Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions.
- May walk and work on uneven and slick surfaces.
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height.
- Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes and chemicals.
- Exposure to blood borne pathogens: Level III
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
- Occasional repetitive hand motion.
- Exposed to heat from ovens, burners and steam trays; exposed to cutting and slicing equipment and machines with moving parts; required to move heavy supplies and full pans of food weighing up to fifty (50) pounds; exposed to high noise levels from kitchen equipment and students at meals; required to wear protective clothing.
ABOUT KIPP AUSTIN PUBLIC SCHOOLS: KIPP Austin is a network of free, public, open enrollment schools for low‐income and historically underserved students in Austin, Texas. There are currently nine schools in the KIPP Austin network: four elementary schools, four middle schools and one high school. This year, we expanded our network to include ten schools serving students from Kindergarten through twelfth grade. When fully enrolled, KIPP Austin will more than double the number of college-ready low-income, minority students in Austin. KIPP Austin Public Schools is part of the national network of charter schools, KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program (www.kipp.org).
OUR MISSION: KIPP Austin Public Schools believes that every child, regardless of economic background has the right to an exemplary education. We will empower our students to thrive in and graduate from college, choose their paths, and positively impact their communities
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “out from the shadows” ~'.
christina harris just became a new member.
antoine fisher just edited his profile.
antoine fisher just commented on a poll entitled 'christians read the story about jesus in the new testament ,,,but '.
| invite friends |