Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||New York, NY
|| Education and Library, Human Resources, Information Technology, Research & Development, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
[IMMEDIATE] Director of Student Support Services - Elementary
About KIPP NYC:
KIPP NYC is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in the Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible in for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of five elementary schools, five middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni, has a staff of more than 700 and a budget of over $98M. At full growth, we will serve nearly 6300 students and alumni.
Our five KIPP NYC elementary schools:
- KIPP Academy Elementary School, South Bronx, founded in 2009: http://www.kippnyc.org/kaes
- KIPP Infinity Elementary School, West Harlem, founded in 2010: http://www.kippnyc.org/kies
- KIPP Washington Heights Elementary School, Washington Heights, founded in 2011: http://www.kippnyc.org/whes
- KIPP AMP Elementary School, Crown Heights, Brooklyn, founded in 2013: http://www.kippnyc.org/ampes
- KIPP STAR Harlem College Prep Elementary School, West Harlem, founded in 2014: http://www.kippnyc.org/ksh
The Director of Student Support Services will be responsible for leading the Student Support Services Team. Responsibilities will include managing and coaching support services teachers and interventionists, leading the Response to Intervention program, facilitating and managing collaboration with the Committee on Special Education, providing professional development and resources to all staff in the areas of Special Education and teaching English Language Learners, and serving as a member of the School Leadership Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Management of Student Support Services
(2) Professional Development for Staff
- Create and oversee a comprehensive Response to Intervention program
- Manage and coach the Student Support Services Team, leading weekly team meetings
- Serve as an active member of the School Leadership Team, meeting weekly for strategic planning and discussion of school initiatives
- Aid teachers to improve on their instructional practice, especially as it relates to discipline, relationships with students, and school culture, in order to ensure the character and academic growth and success of all students
- Plan, implement, and provide ongoing professional development and feedback to all staff, focusing on differentiation and supporting students with varying needs
- Oversee the implementation of professional development and revise as necessary in response to student and teacher needs
- Conduct classroom observations and follow-up with targeted support for teachers to help them become even more effective in serving students with Special Needs and English Language Learners; be available to work with teachers to problem-solve areas of instructional difficulty
- Organize summer training and weekly professional development days in coordination with other Deans and the Principal.
- Develop a menu of internal and external professional development opportunities available to our teachers and consistent with our mission/vision
(3) Teacher Coaching
- Conduct classroom observations and follow-up with targeted feedback and support to help teachers become even more effective.
- Conduct weekly one on one conversations with direct reports, including time for relationship building, gathering feedback, assessing individual needs, and providing feedback (instructional and other, as needed)
- Provide lesson plan and unit plan feedback as needed to all staff members and weekly to direct reports
- Contribute to and participate in quarterly, mid-year, and end-of-year teacher performance evaluations.
- Recognize and celebrate student achievement and staff professional growth and success.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of our teacher induction program and to develop or recommend workshops appropriate to staff needs
(4) Operational Support
- Participate in teacher recruitment and hiring process, in collaboration with the Principal.
- Teach classes when necessary, for coverage purposes or professional development of teachers.
- Zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- At least five years of full time classroom teaching experience
- At least one year of adult management/teacher coaching
- Experience working with special populations (ELLs, SPED, At-Risk)
- Experience managing Special Education Services and navigating the Committee on Special Education
- Model effective and high-quality teaching
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students
- Demonstrated success developing academic programs and academic culture
- Demonstrated success planning staff professional development and leading teams of teachers
- An analytical view of student progress towards standards; skilled in data collection, analysis and presentation
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Extreme flexibility to accommodate multiple priorities and a strong work ethic to accommodate high level of responsibilities
- Must have valid state SPED certification
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “out from the shadows” ~'.
christina harris just became a new member.
antoine fisher just edited his profile.
antoine fisher just commented on a poll entitled 'christians read the story about jesus in the new testament ,,,but '.
| invite friends |