Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||New York, NY
|| Education and Library, Human Resources, Information Technology, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
[IMMEDIATE] Special Education Interventionist- Elementary
About KIPP NYC:
KIPP NYC is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in the Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible in for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of five elementary schools, five middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni, has a staff of more than 700 and a budget of over $98M. At full growth, we will serve nearly 6300 students and alumni.
All of the KIPP NYC elementary schools are adding a grade each year until they are fully grown schools with grades K-4.
- KIPP Academy Elementary School, South Bronx, founded in 2009: http://www.kippnyc.org/kaes
- KIPP Infinity Elementary School, West Harlem, founded in 2010: http://www.kippnyc.org/kies
- KIPP STAR Elementary School- Washington Heights, Washington Heights, founded in 2011: http://www.kippnyc.org/starwh
- KIPP AMP Elementary School, Crown Heights, BK, founded in 2013: http://www.kippnyc.org/ampes
- KIPP STAR Harlem College Prep Elementary School, Harlem, founded in 2014: http://www.kippnyc.org/ksh
Duties and Responsibilities:
KIPP NYC is looking for teachers who combine the ability to motivate and educate, to develop academic as well as character skills, and to make a college preparatory education relevant both now and for the future.
General responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead small-group instruction for grades K-4.
- Teaching a rigorous academic curriculum which combines the school’s standards and the New York State standards.
- Teaching students in a high-quality, exciting way.
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers.
- Constantly assessing student progress, and communicating results to families and colleagues.
- Providing individual or small group instruction for students who need additional assistance.
- Modeling the school’s values in all communications with students, families, and staff.
- Zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor :)
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- A strong desire to become a better teacher by joining the KIPP NYC team and family
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students
- At least two years of special education teaching experience strongly preferred
- New York State teacher certification in elementary grades
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |