Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Social Services, Education and Library, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Counseling, Research & Development, Medical
School Social Worker for the 2018-19 SY
SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER
KIPP DC is a network of high-performing, college-preparatory charter schools in Washington D.C., which serve the city’s under-resourced communities. At KIPP DC, there are no shortcuts: outstanding educators, more time in school, a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students make significant academic gains and continue to excel in high school and college. We are looking for highly dedicated educators who preferably have two years of teaching experience in urban settings and who undoubtedly have a “whatever it takes” attitude to help children succeed.
KIPP DC is looking for a dynamic, committed and flexible Social Worker to become part of a vibrant educational community. The KIPP DC Social Worker will do whatever it takes to improve student achievement and ensure that students are progressing on their individual goals.
KIPP DC Social Workers are responsible for delivering effective, high-quality, interventions that are data driven. KIPP DC staff approach work with sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving. KIPP DC gives its students an intensive foundation in the core academic subjects with an emphasis on developing the knowledge and skills necessary for success in school and in life. The KIPP DC community holds itself to high standards, cognizant that success can be achieved by all, regardless of challenging circumstances, through team work, tenacity and focused dedication.
School and Community
- Demonstrate positive, collaborative problem-solving orientation with students, parents and guardians, educators, administrators, community members, and colleagues
- Provide core services including: prevention, consultation, intervention, assessment, and counseling. Services include, but are not limited to, conducting observations, collecting data, reviewing student records, conferring with teachers and parents, interviewing students, conducting functional behavior assessments, counseling (individual and group), planning behavior interventions, and conducting in-services and professional development. These core services are adapted to the particular needs of each student, situation, and setting
- Help all stakeholders understand child development and how it affects student performance academically and social/emotionally
- Serve in a consultative role with designated personnel to offer prevention and intervention strategies related to learning and behavioral problems of students; and provide consultation on an on-going basis to teachers, parents, and other school personnel to resolve students’ learning and behavioral problems
- Assist in identifying needed community resources for students and makes appropriate referrals to resources to facilitate educational and behavioral interventions recommended for student success
- Deliver crisis response and intervention services to students, families and staff, when needed
- Provide group and individual therapy and classroom support to special education students, and general education students, as well as monitor the students’ responses to the interventions identified
- Complete special education paperwork and attend multidisciplinary team meetings
- Respond in a timely manner to Random Moment in Time Surveys with all of the required information requested in the survey as part of the Medicaid reimbursement process
- Log progress notes in SEDs with all of the required information about the student’s specific IEP goals, responses to the designated interventions and plan for upcoming sessions, in a timely manner
- Develop and monitor student responses to behavior intervention plans, including providing support and consultation to general and special education teachers
- Conduct functional behavior assessments and social history evaluations and communicate the results to all team members in parent-friendly language
- Complete and monitor the pre-referral paperwork as it relates to the social/ emotional functioning of students
- Complete paperwork for students with 504 plans, as well as monitor the implementation of the accommodations identified in the plans
- Serve as a school liaison to social service agencies and community
- Monitor and develop school-wide plans to address student attendance
- Participate in mediations, administrative reviews, hearings and due process proceedings, as needed
- Participate in disciplinary proceedings: expulsions, manifestations, and causation meetings
- Be available for Open Houses, Parent-Teacher Conferences and other events involving parents outside of normal operating hours
- Believe deeply in the mission and values of KIPP and subscribe to KIPP's Five Pillars
- Hold high expectations for each student and exhibit positive rapport with all students
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of therapy models
- Implement the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
- Create and fosters a positive learning environment
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents
- Remain on call in the evenings (via school cell phone) to provide student support
- At least two years of Social Work experience (Preferred)
- Master's Degree in Social Work (Required)
- Licensure as a Social Worker by the District of Columbia Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE).
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (Preferred)
- Commitment to working with underserved students (Required)
- Experience working in an urban public school (Preferred)
- Pass a criminal background check, as required by law
Other skills and traits
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP DC’s mission
- Passion for education and a desire to help KIPP DC schools grow
Please apply online at www.kippdc.org/careers. The position is available immediately, and applicants are encouraged to apply early. Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |