Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Accounting/Auditing, Customer Service and Call Center, Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Internet/E-Commerce, Law Enforcement, and Security, Restaurant and Food Service, Transportation, Purchasing, Executive Management, Logistics, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Web Technology, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Energy / Utilities
Assistant Principal of Operations
Assistant Principal of Operations
To apply, please visit: http://www.kippcolorado.org/careers/Apply-Now.cfm
At KIPP Colorado Schools, all students will learn and achieve.
KIPP Colorado Schools is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from underserved communities for success in college and life.
Who we are: KIPP Colorado Schools is a network of five high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools. We educate students in grades 9-12 at KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, and grades 5-8 at KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Montbello College Prep. For the 2017-18 school year, KIPP Montbello Elementary will educate students in ECE through third grade and KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy will educate students in grades 9-11. By the 2018-19 school year, KIPP Montbello Elementary will grow to educate students in ECE through fourth grade and KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy will educate students in grades 9-12.
What we do: We set clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct in order to create and reinforce a culture of achievement and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
How we do it: Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions and more time for both academics and extra-curriculars, so our students love school and maximize their learning.
Why it matters: Great education transforms lives. At KIPP Colorado Schools, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds.
About the Assistant Principal of Operations Position: The Assistant Principal of Operations is a school-based leadership position (equivalent to Assistant Principal), overseeing all finance and operational functions required to run an efficient, thriving school. This individual will work to create shared vision and processes, and lead the implementation and maintenance of clear operational systems that allow the instructional team to focus on teaching and learning. This individual will also serve as the key liaison between the operations, finance, human resources, data, and development departments at the KIPP Colorado School Services Center (SSC) and the school. The SSC supports all KIPP schools in the Colorado Region. The Director of School Operations (DRO) must be an individual who embraces innovation and continuous improvement, is willing to get his/her hands dirty, and relishes the challenge of finding ways to work smarter.
This is a full-time, administrative position, reporting to the school leader and accountable to the SSC operations team. This individual will also be part of the regional operations community of practice.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In partnership with the School Leader and the SSC, develops the school-wide operations vision that supports and operationalizes the academic and cultural vision of the school
- Serves as a member of the school leadership team
- Hires, manages, supports, develops, and evaluates the school’s office-based staff, which typically includes an Office Manager and a Student Services Associate
- Upholds KIPP vision, mission and values with KIPP staff, students, and families
Team Support and Logistics:
- In close partnership with school leader, leads annual budgeting process to ensure resources are always well-aligned to the school’s academic priorities
- Actively manages the budget throughout the year by meeting with school leader and regional Director of Finance on a monthly basis to review year-to-date budget to actual performance and annual forecast
- Manages development of systems for effective and efficient inventory and purchasing
- Oversees office-based staff to conduct school purchasing so that students and staff have all supplies they need. Regularly used supplies are identified and replenished without staff request; essential supplies are never missing.
- Manages school-based purchasing tracker, purchase orders, invoices, reimbursement requests, and assists with monthly reconciliations as needed with SSC
- Ensures proper cash control procedures are followed and submits documentation to the SSC Manager of Accounting and Finance
- Manages all deposits and cash handling at the school, following Board-approved policies
Compliance and Record Keeping:
- Manages and coordinates logistics for all school-based events, such as professional development days, data days, family nights, parent-teacher conferences, summer professional development, etc.
- Writes school communications such as parent communications and newsletters
- Coordinates school tours with families and conducts as needed
- Coordinates candidate tours and conducts as needed
- Coordinates logistics for demo lessons for candidates as needed
- Coordinates all logistics for student field trips including travel accommodations, itineraries, meals, and staffing plans
Student Recruitment and Enrollment:
- With the assistance of our School Services Center, ensures school-wide compliance with health and safety laws, and district, state, and federal guidelines and compliance submittals
- Creates and implements Emergency Plans for school
- Maintain staff training on all emergency protocols
- Creates and executes plans for emergency recovery (like a flood)
- Coordinates relationship with security, law enforcement, and fire officials as needed
- Schedules and conducts fire drills, lockdown drills, and safety audits
- Manages all injury incident reports for staff, students and visitors
- Manages compliance for science classroom storage codes and related staff training
- Coordinates driver’s paperwork and approval for school vehicles
- Manages all permission slip needs and requirements for all activities and events
- Manages the process for the completion of free-reduced lunch (FRL) applications for all families
- Coordinates and oversees Summer Registration for families
- Oversees accurate entry in the student information databases and works with office-based staff to address any issues or inaccuracies
- Ensures appropriate recordkeeping of daily and monthly attendance and October Count paperwork as needed
- Coordinates staff training on records systems as needed
- Reviews and customizes school and staff handbooks as appropriate, following regionally-approved templates
- Manages the progress report/report card/transcript creation and distribution process with academic staff
- Develops and manages student recruitment strategy to ensure that the school begins the academic year with full classes and actively recruits to fill open seats
- Ensures that parent information sessions, school tours, and enrollment process are tightly planned and executed
Student Services and Testing:
- Responsible for all visual culture of the school and upholding a welcoming and beautiful whole school environment
- Develops annual facilities plan in conjunction with Director of Regional Operations and School Leader
- Oversees day-to-day operations of school-based facilities to ensure that the facility looks the best it can
- Coordinates implementation of facility projects (including those by DPS)
- Implements regular facility audits and walkthroughs and addresses any facility issues that may arise
- Oversees Facility Manager and/or facility vendors
- Drives work and progress monitors the work of custodial staff, food service, transportation, and all other vendors
- Manages federal snack program
- Ensures textbooks, materials, furniture, and equipment are properly stored and accessible when needed
- Manages all school transportation needs and schedules, including to and from school routes and needs, athletics, and field trips
- Manages check-out system for all school vehicles
- First point of contact for food service and transportation issues
- Creates and manages all student routines and systems; including arrival, dismissal, snack procedure, lunch procedures, uniforms, etc.
- Coordinates creation of and manages school’s bell schedule and master calendar with leadership team
- Coordinates wellness initiatives at school with leadership team
- Ensures appropriate number of staff are certified in first aid and CPR
- Serves as the school SAL (School Assessment Liaison) for all district and state testing
- Supports school assessments as needed throughout the year
- Works with SSC technology team to ensure technology and related infrastructure are in working order, and when there are issues, ensures they addressed in a timely, efficient manner
- Coordinates Tier 1 tech support for the copier and printers with contracted vendor support through our service contract
- Manages and completes pre-tier 1 technology needs at the schools; including set up of computer carts, labeling assets as directed, adding printers for staff, etc.
- Works with SSC to ensure new staff have technology needed to be successful in their jobs
- Trains staff on technology use policies and procedures with support of DRO
- Coordinates all technology logistics for testing annually; including set up of computers, checking for maintenance items completed, etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Coordinates the monthly payroll documentation and submits to SSC once it has been approved by school leader
- Calls for substitute teachers as needed and reviews substitute list for accuracy
- Supports Human Resources Associate to ensure PTO tracking in our web-based system is correct for all staff in school
- Serves as on-site HR liaison supporting needs of HR and Talent Teams
- Ensures offer letters are signed, completes and collects I-9s and other HR paperwork as needed, supports the collection of highly-qualified teacher documentation
- Ensures staff are adequately on-boarded to school-based systems and culture
- Oversees completion of staff and volunteer background checks and that they are cleared and approved for work in the school at the appropriate level
- Manages volunteer placement and tracking at school
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in a school environment and/or business operations management preferred
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred
- Solid experience in managing data in school information database preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook required
- Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, resourceful and willing to do whatever it takes to help the school reach a level of academic excellence
- High level of detail orientation and sound excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication, feedback and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the creativity and versatility to work productively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment with a proven ability to meet and complete multiple deadlines and tasks with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop productive working relationships with stakeholders across functional and organizational lines
- Track record of providing outstanding customer service
- Passionate commitment to KIPP Colorado mission and to high standards of excellence
- Zest, grit, hope, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor
KIPP Colorado Schools is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair labor practices. KIPP Colorado Schools, KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, KIPP Montbello College Prep, KIPP Montbello Elementary, KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy, and KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|