Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Information Technology, Restaurant and Food Service, Energy / Utilities
Food Services: Porter
This position is available at our South Campus: 5107 I-35 South, Ste. A, Austin, TX 78744
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Porter works as a part of the KIPP Austin Public Schools Cafeteria Team reporting directly to the Front of House Supervisor. The Porter would help to create a warm and friendly atmosphere to enhance the student’s meal time experience. This position would efficiently handle the cleanliness of the cafeteria and support the expediting of students through the cafeteria. The Porter would work effectively in the cafeteria/kitchen or where designated by the Front of House Supervisor. This position may include custodial, prep-cook, and dishwashing duties. This position will abide by the strictest standards of physical and food safety, freshness and sanitation.
We are considering candidate for both Full-Time and Part-Time opportunities.
· Support the Front of House Supervisor in cafeteria functions.
· Keep the cafeteria a clean and sanitary environment by emptying trash cans, sweeping and mopping the floors, cleaning windows/blinds, and maintaining restrooms.
· Support students through the sorting and discarding of meal components and utensils.
· Complete daily work station duties with the goal of keeping a safe and clean working environment.
· Set up meal service and clean up service lines.
· Comply with Health Department Code for food service.
· Prepare the student reimbursable snack and ensure complete products met.
· Maintains proper signage for the Food Service Program in the serving areas.
· Set up meal service and clean up at appropriate campus or campuses.
· Work as a prep-cook and assist in the preparation for meal portions which may involve cooking and baking using various utensils and appliances; may perform specialized duties (baking and cooking).
· Serve the students, teachers, and guests. Use safety precautions relative to working with food service equipment and materials and report all injuries or unsafe condition to the supervisor on duty.
· Keep dispensing and related equipment full and operating
· Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and cafeteria area; clear counters, sweep and mop floors; clean freezers, coolers, and storage areas; clean kitchen appliances; clean and maintains the garbage collection area as needed.
· Store stock in an efficient and safe manner.
· Support all efforts to recycle and compost.
· Fundamental understanding of sanitation and cleanliness.
· Requires moderate physical effort. Standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling, pushing, lifting of weights up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with team.
· Must be self-motivated and able to problem solve effectively.
· City of Austin Food Handlers card required.
· Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, resourceful, and willing to do whatever it takes to feed healthy food to our students.
· Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, is proactive and flexible, and is willing and able to play different roles in the kitchen in order to meet the varied and constant needs of the students at KIPP Austin.
· Model positive and healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized, consistent and understanding.
· Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Austin mission and KIPP Austin community.
All KIPP Austin staff members will demonstrate the following:
· Unwavering commitment to KIPP Austin’s mission, students, families, and community
· A clear, authentic and transparent sense of your strengths and areas of growth as a professional; an ability to easily adjust tone
· Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
· Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
· Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
· Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions.
· May walk and work on uneven and slick surfaces.
· Requires reaching above and below shoulder height.
· Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes and chemicals
· Exposure to blood borne pathogens: Level III
· May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
· Frequent repetitive hand motion.
· Frequent excessive standing during assigned work day.
· Frequent requirement to lift, carry, push, pull, sit, stand, walk, reach, crouch, climb, balance, kneel and stoop.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|